William McDonald, Sarah (Hughes) McDonald, Dora Newhirter/Mewhirter McDonald

  • Derek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2009
      I recently recieved information that Sarah (Hughes) McDonald, wife of
      William McDonald, (born in Scotland), died in McVey Il. in 1910, she
      was eighty two.

      William and Sarah had three children, Jessie 20 in 1880, Thomas Allan
      12 in 1880 and Hugh 9 in 1880.

      Thomas Allan McDonald was my mother's grandfather, he married Dora
      May Jeannet Newhirter/Mewhirter. One of Thomas and Dora's children
      was Gertrude McDonald, my grandmother.

      My mother died before I got interested in genealogy and all I knew
      about was what is in my baby book and that is the names of Thomas,
      Dora and Gertrude.

      I've recieved information from the Adams County, (Nebraska)
      Historical Society, (1)buriel records, (Parkview Cemetary, Hastings
      Nebraska) where Thomas, son's Hugh and T.A. and William are buried.

      William McDonald was 83 when he deceased and buried in 1897. Sarah
      (Hughes) Mcdonald was 82 and died in McVey, Il., buried, (probably
      somewhere near by. I have the death notice in the newspaper, (I don't
      see the papers name) she was at the home of a daughter, Jessie? Sarah
      had many friends in McVey, so the article says, perhaps friends when
      she was growing up as Sarah Hughes.

      Any information about any of these relatives of mine would be nice.

      William supposedly emigrated from Scotland, he was born there around
      1814/16, possibly, in Lochwinnoch, Scotland and possibly worked in a
      brickyard in Murrayville, Morgan County, Il.

      Sarah (Hughes) McDonald, I just know her name.d 1910 age 82

      Jessie McDonald, female, That's all I know.

      Thomas Allan McDonald, married Dora May Jeanette Newhirter/
      Mewhirter, had three children, daughter Gertrude Hellen, McDonald and
      two sons Hugh and T.A., both of whom died less than two years old.

      Gertrude Hellen (McDonald) Wood, died of cancer and I assume in
      Ohmaha Nebraska.

      I'm beginning to trace Gertrude's husband's family, he disappeared
      sometime around the death of Gertrude.

      Any info would be greatly appreciated.

      Derek