CHISHOLM, KILLAM

  • Linda Arnold
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      I am interested in anyone who may be researching the CHISHOLM family
      from Scotland to Macoupin County, Illinois mid 1800s.

      There appears to be two Chisholm/Chism families in Macoupin County
      about the same time. The names sometimes have been inter-changed for
      one-another in various records. The Chism family appears to have
      been from the South while William Chisholm came from Scotland.

      I am interested in any information on William Chisholm m. 1850, Sarah
      Killam. I believe William Chisholm may be related in some way to
      William Welsh of Scotland and/or Ellen Dickson (m. James Miller Lair)
      of Scotland.

      A Bio. on William Chisholm of Scotland is found in "History of
      Macoupin County, Illinois - Portraits and Biographical Record", 1891,
      p. 637. The Bio. says he was born in Scotland, Sept. 26, 1820 and
      came to America via New Orleans in 1848. His parents are given as
      Robert Chisholm & Isabella Patterson who apparently did not cross the
      Atlantic.

      Sarah Killam was born in Yorkshire, England Dec. 25, 1825, daughter
      of Samuel Killam; the 1860 census confirms the country of birth of
      William & Sarah.

      Any information on them would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Linda R.F. Arnold
      LRFArnold@...
    • Linda Arnold
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2005
        I wish to thank the two persons who helped me with the CHISHOLM-KILLAM
        family. To Carole my e-mail to you bounced back, therefore I am
        sending this to you via this list hoping it will reach you. I
        appreciate your help!

        Thanks,

        Linda R.F. Arnold
        LRFArnold@...