Stipends for MSc Intelligent Systems

  • Stefan Wermter
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2002
      Stipends available for MSc Intelligent Systems
      ----------------------------------

      We are pleased to announce that for eligible students we have obtained
      funding to offer a bursary for our new MSc Intelligent Systems
      worth up to 6000 pounds or about 14.000 EURO as fee waiver and
      stipend for eligible EU students. Please forward to students who
      may be interested

      The School of Computing and Technology, University of Sunderland
      is delighted to announce the launch of its new MSc Intelligent Systems
      programme for 24th February. Building on the School's leading edge
      research in intelligent systems this masters programme will be
      funded via the ESF scheme (see below).

      Intelligent Systems is an exciting field of study for science and
      industry since the currently existing computing systems have
      often not yet reached the various aspects of human performance.
      "Intelligent Systems" is a term to describe software systems and
      methods, which simulate aspects of intelligent behaviour. The intention
      is to learn from nature and human performance in order to build more
      powerful computing systems. The aim is to learn from cognitive science,
      neuroscience, biology, engineering, and linguistics for building more
      powerful computational system architectures. In this programme a
      wide variety of novel and exciting techniques will be taught including
      neural networks, intelligent robotics, machine learning, natural language
      processing, vision, evolutionary genetic computing, data mining,
      information retrieval, Bayesian computing, knowledge-based systems,
      fuzzy methods, and hybrid intelligent architectures.

      Programme Structure
      --------------
      The following lectures/modules are available:

      Neural Networks
      Intelligent Systems Architectures
      Learning Agents
      Evolutionary Computation
      Cognitive Neural Science
      Knowledge Based Systems and Data Mining
      Bayesian Computation
      Vision and Intelligent Robots
      Natural Language Processing
      Dynamics of Adaptive Systems
      Intelligent Systems Programming

      Funding up to 6000 pounds (about 14.000Euro) for eligible students
      ------------------------------

      The Bursary Scheme applies to this Masters programme commencing
      February 2003 and we have obtained funding through the European
      Social Fund (ESF). ESF support enables the University to waive the
      normal tuition fee and provide a bursary of £ 75 per week for 45 weeks
      for eligible EU students, together up to 6000 pounds or 14000 Euro.

      For further information in the first instance please see:
      http://osiris.sund.ac.uk/webedit/allweb/courses/progmode.php?prog=G550A&mode=FT&mode2=&dmode=C

      For information on applications and start dates contact:
      gillian.potts@... Tel: 0191 515 2758
      For academic information about the programme contact:
      alfredo.moscardini@...

      ***************************************
      Professor Stefan Wermter
      Chair for Intelligent Systems
      Informatics Centre
      School of Computing and Technology
      University of Sunderland
      St Peters Way
      Sunderland SR6 0DD
      United Kingdom

      phone: +44 191 515 3279
      fax: +44 191 515 3553
      email: stefan.wermter@...
      http://www.his.sunderland.ac.uk/~cs0stw/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2003
        Stipends available for MSc Intelligent Systems
        ----------------------------------

        We are pleased to announce that for eligible EU students we have obtained
        funding to offer a bursary for our new MSc Intelligent Systems
        worth up to 9.000 EURO as fee waiver and stipend.
        ***Please forward to students who may be interested.***

        The School of Computing and Technology, University of Sunderland
        is delighted to announce the launch of its new MSc Intelligent Systems
        programme for October 2003. Building on the School's leading edge
[...]

        The following lectures/modules are available (at least modules with *
        are intended to be available for the Oct. 2003 cohort entry)

        Neural Networks *
        Intelligent Systems Architectures *
        Learning Agents *
        Evolutionary Computation
        Cognitive Neural Science *
        Knowledge Based Systems and Data Mining *
        Bayesian Computation
        Vision and Intelligent Robots *
        Natural Language Processing *
        Dynamics of Adaptive Systems
        Intelligent Systems Programming *

        Funding up to 6000 pounds (about 9.000Euro) for eligible students
        ------------------------------

        The Bursary Scheme applies to this Masters programme commencing
        October 2003 and we have obtained funding through the European
        Social Fund (ESF). ESF support enables the University to waive the
        normal tuition fee and provide a bursary of £ 75 per week for 45 weeks
        for eligible EU students, together up to 6000 pounds or 9000 Euro.

        For further information in the first instance please see:
        http://www.his.sunderland.ac.uk/Teaching_frame.html
        http://osiris.sund.ac.uk/webedit/allweb/courses/progmode.php?prog=G550A&mode=FT&mode2=&dmode=C

        For information on applications and start dates contact:
        gillian.potts@... Tel: 0191 515 2758
        For academic information about the programme contact:
        alfredo.moscardini@...

        Please forward to interested students.

        Stefan

        Stefan Wermter