Tool length offsets

  • stevenson_engineers
    Message 1 of 36 , May 1, 2004
      About the last thing I have to work out are tool length offsets.
      I've looked thru the manual but it's a bit light on this subject.
      Some while ago Art implimented the touch off routine for tools and set
      the table up.

      Could some kind soul explain how they go about setting up say two
      tools using the top of the work as Zero and touching off and entering
      the data to the table.
      When I tried, whatever data was in Z got entered but the Z DRO then
      went to 0.0 I would have thought that it sayed the same so you could
      return up to Z zero.

      Next problem is in the UK and Europe we use G44 and not G43. mach 2
      doesn't support G44 so can it be fooled by entering a minus number
      into the table?
      G44 is used here for safety reasons, we zero onto the top of the work
      and all moves into the work are -Z moves. Any plus moves takes the
      tool out of the work and away from cutting.

      John S.
    • art
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 16, 2006
        Claude: