Re: [mach1mach2cnc] active high or active low?

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2004
      On Sat, 01 May 2004 01:15:31 -0000, you wrote:

      >should my switches be wired active high or active low? does Mach2
      >care? is there an advantage or disadvantage to one or the other? i am
      >using active low but can easly change.

      If you are talking limit/emergency switches, It's better to have it
      so if there is a break in the wires the machine will stop. Note I'm
      not saying active low or high, it depends on your wiring, any
      opto-isolation etc.

      --
      Steve Blackmore
    • Digital audio Pro
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2004
        Active low as a general rule should be safer for important signaling tasks
        like E-stop or Limits.

        Olivier.

      • james_cullins@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2004
          IF you wire the active high ( Un-checked ) , switches normally closed if a
          wire breaks or a switches goes bad it will reset Mach2 it the switches are
          normally open then Mach2 will not now and you will have no protection.
          Jim