Re: "VB System Failure, Check system" HELP Brian!!!

  • John PRENTICE
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 1, 2008
      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

      <snip>
      . Also I am not doing
      > the type of development that Art is doing.. he was trying to add
      new
      > features and I am ONLY doing bug fixes..

      Brian

      I guess there are many definitions of bugs. I am not aware of any
      reported bugs in the toolpath display in mill and so worry about a
      project which you say is "months of work not days".

      This extent of rewrite could surely have some teething troubles when
      released?

      Others have commented that if they hit a problem in the latest
      development version then they back-up a few versions. This
      methodology is a problem for an OEM, as quite reasonably you will not
      want to explore bugs in old *development* code but the OEM has to
      respond to its customers.

      Finally on another bit of semantics - I interpret a "lock-down" as
      where the features are locked, not necessarily the code. The locked
      features allow the documentation to be released and OEMs to prepare
      distributions. As to bugs in the lock-down, something that is safety
      critical or has no practical workaround should be fixed by a "point
      release". Generally this should not involve much work above fixing
      the code in the deevelopment version. Small bugs with workaround
      would not warrant a point release.

      John Prentice
    • Terry Parker
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 4, 2008
        Hi SCOT, Yep that was my app over on the MACH site. I use an encoder
        signal to identify each position with a unique ID. That part works
        fine just got stuck on the hotswap logic inside of mach. (;-)

        (;-) TP

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "poppa_bear1000"
        <poppabear@...> wrote:

        > contact me off list, at:
        >
        > poppabear AT hughes.net
        >
        > (remove white spaces and change AT to @)
        >
        > we can discuss it.........
        >
        > but even so, until Brain fixes the "Hole" in the Armor of VB, the
        Macro
        > WILL Crash your computer very, very hard. Blue Screen of Death
        Hard, or
        > hard lock up that you have to cut off the compter and reboot to
        unlock.

        > On the support forum there is a VB Thread for "Hot Swap" ATC, that
        one
        > is a much simpler than mine, and works in a different way, but gets
        > the end result of a Hot Swap. The way that one was done, does not
        work
        > for my app so I did mine a different route.
        >
        > I orginally had my Hot Swap completly runing on my PLC with its own
        HS
        > pulse module to control its caracell servo. I wanted to move the
        system
        > completly to mach3 and have mach3 run the C axis for the Caracell.
        When