Wrapping text around a cylinder

  • Rich Goldner
    Message 1 of 16 , May 9, 2008
      I have the A axis setup as a rotary axis. Can I use the write wizard to
      engrave text that wraps around the A axis? If so, how do I do this? If
      not, can LazyCam do this? Is there anyway to do this without expensive
      software?

      TIA
    • Steve Blackmore
      Message 2 of 16 , May 9, 2008
        On Sat, 10 May 2008 02:36:04 -0000, you wrote:

        >I have the A axis setup as a rotary axis. Can I use the write wizard to
        >engrave text that wraps around the A axis? If so, how do I do this? If
        >not, can LazyCam do this? Is there anyway to do this without expensive
        >software?

        Hi Rich, tell Mach A is a linear axis and substitute A for Y in code.

        Just use the part circumference as the maximum A length.

        Steve Blackmore
        --
      • greolt
        Message 3 of 16 , May 10, 2008
          "Is there anyway to do this without expensive software?"

          There sure is Rich.

          You can do it like Steve said but there is a great little free app to
          do it for you. Called "Wrapper" Written by Andrew.

          http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2920

          This has one great advantage over swapping axis names, and that is
          that the resulting code uses degrees for rotary movement.

          If you read the thread I linked to you will see my very first try with it.

          I wrapped a long string of text several times around a cylinder.

          Works like a charm.

          Greg

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Goldner" <rgoldner@...> wrote:

          > I have the A axis setup as a rotary axis. Can I use the write wizard to
          > engrave text that wraps around the A axis? If so, how do I do this? If
          > not, can LazyCam do this? Is there anyway to do this without expensive
          > software?
          >
          > TIA

        • Tom Hubin
          Message 4 of 16 , May 10, 2008
            Hello,

            I don't know to whom to report this so just posting the info here. There
            is porn posted on the Mach3 Forum in the "Video Probing" section at

            http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.html

            Tom Hubin
            thubin@...
          • shawn c
            Message 5 of 16 , May 10, 2008
              Wow! CNC just got a whole lot more interesting!!

              To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.comFrom: thubin@...: Sun, 11 May 2008 01:45:54 -0400Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] Porn on Mach3 Forum

              Message 6 of 16 , May 10, 2008
                Does anyone have a good explanation on how Brians THC plugin works and what I need to give it a try?

              • Carl Carlsen
                Message 7 of 16 , May 10, 2008
                  Tom,
                  Go to the web page for this group. Click on MEMBERS, at the top of that
                  list is the word MODERATORS, click on that.

                  There are 6 listed.

                  To send an email to the list owner:
                  mach1mach2cnc-owner@yahoogroups.com

                  Carl

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                    Thanks for the tip off people.

                    I have removed it.

                    Greg

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                      Hello ,
                      I think you are talking about the THC plugin on the Plugins page... This
                      is an Experimental Plugin that was put up for a few of the guys here to
                      play with... At this time I would not use it, This is code that I used
                      many years ago and do not have the machine to test it at this time :(.

                      shawn c wrote:
                      > Does anyone have a good explanation on how Brians THC plugin works and what I need to give it a try?
                      > Thanks

                    • Mark Vaughan
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                        But Mach could almost get there.

                        I told the wife I'd use the probing function to sample round female parts,
                        'we are going to have loads of models line up for the machine, then mill
                        them as paper weights'. The wife hit me !!!

                        Regs Mark

                        Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU

                        Managing Director

                        Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068

                        Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

                        Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.

                        Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288

                        RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)

                        _____

                        Wow! CNC just got a whole lot more interesting!!

                        To: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
                        yahoogroups.comFrom: thubin@earthlink. <mailto:thubin%40earthlink.netDate>
                        netDate: Sun, 11 May 2008 01:45:54 -0400Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] Porn on
                        Mach3 Forum

                        Hello,I don't know to whom to report this so just posting the info here.
                        There is porn posted on the Mach3 Forum in the "Video Probing" section
                        athttp://www.
                        <athttp://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.htmlTom>
                        machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.htmlTom Hubinthubin@
                        <mailto:Hubinthubin%40earthlink.net> earthlink.net

                      • robin_dempster
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                          On every post in the Mach forum there is a text button that says
                          "report to Moderator", if you click that an automatic message goes
                          out to all admin and moderators and it is the quickest way to get
                          this type of rubbish removed. Usually we manage to delete these spam
                          posts minutes after they are posted but sometimes, as in this case,
                          they slip through unoticed and can be there for quite a while. If you
                          see anything like this again please use the Report To... button as it
                          will help us keep the forum spam free.

                          Hood

                          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "greolt" <greolt@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks for the tip off people.
                          >
                          > I have removed it.
                          >
                          > Greg
                          >

                          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Tom Hubin <thubin@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hello,
                          > >
                          > > I don't know to whom to report this so just posting the info here.
                          > There
                          > > is porn posted on the Mach3 Forum in the "Video Probing" section
                          at

                          > > http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.html
                          > >
                          > > Tom Hubin
                          > > thubin@

                        • shawn c
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                            That would be sweet!

                            To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.comFrom: mark@...: Sun, 11 May 2008 11:06:51 +0100Subject: RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Porn on Mach3 Forum

                            But Mach could almost get there.I told the wife I'd use the probing function to sample round female parts,'we are going to have loads of models line up for the machine, then millthem as paper weights'. The wife hit me !!!Regs MarkDr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAUManaging DirectorVaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)_____ From: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of shawn cSent: 11 May 2008 06:50To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Porn on Mach3 ForumWow! CNC just got a whole lot more interesting!! To: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFrom: thubin@earthlink. <mailto:thubin%40earthlink.netDate>netDate: Sun, 11 May 2008 01:45:54 -0400Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] Porn onMach3 ForumHello,I don't know to whom to report this so just posting the info here.There is porn posted on the Mach3 Forum in the "Video Probing" sectionathttp://www.<athttp://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.htmlTom>machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.htmlTom Hubinthubin@<mailto:Hubinthubin%40earthlink.net> earthlink.net [Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                          • shawn c
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                              Hi Brian,
                              Yeah, thats the one I'm talking about. I have two plasma tables. If you can give me the low down on how it works and what I need for hardware I would like to try it out. Are you using an A to D converter of some sort for tip voltage? Any instruction would be appreciated. I would like to help build something useful out of it.
                              Thanks
                              Shawn

                              To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.comFrom: brianb@...: Sun, 11 May 2008 05:20:46 -0400Subject: Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Brians THC Plugin?

                              Hello ,I think you are talking about the THC plugin on the Plugins page... This is an Experimental Plugin that was put up for a few of the guys here to play with... At this time I would not use it, This is code that I used many years ago and do not have the machine to test it at this time :(.ThanksBrianshawn c wrote:> Does anyone have a good explanation on how Brians THC plugin works and what I need to give it a try?> Thanks>

                            • andrey@essexjewelers.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                                Hey, since I missed it... Were they at least using Mach3 to control the
                                action or was it a total rip-off batch of EMC2 porn?

                                Thanks,

                                Andrey Lipavsky

                                Essex Jewelers

                                490 E. McMillan St.

                                Studio 205

                                Cincinnati, OH 45206

                                Phone (513) 826-0240

                                Fax (866) 653-9702

                                www.essexjewelers.com

                                _____

                                --- In mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                                yahoogroups.com, "greolt" <greolt@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks for the tip off people.
                                >
                                > I have removed it.
                                >
                                > Greg
                                >

                                > --- In mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                                yahoogroups.com, Tom Hubin <thubin@> wrote:

                                > > Hello,
                                > >
                                > > I don't know to whom to report this so just posting the info here.
                                > There
                                > > is porn posted on the Mach3 Forum in the "Video Probing" section
                                at

                                > > http://www.machsupp
                                <http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.html>
                                ort.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.html

                                > > Tom Hubin
                                > > thubin@

                              • shawn c
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                                  There was control involved, but it wasnt CNC related....LOL!!

                                  To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.comFrom: andrey@...: Sun, 11 May 2008 13:29:59 -0400Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Porn on Mach3 Forum

                                  Hey, since I missed it... Were they at least using Mach3 to control theaction or was it a total rip-off batch of EMC2 porn?Thanks,Andrey Lipavsky Essex Jewelers 490 E. McMillan St. Studio 205 Cincinnati, OH 45206 Phone (513) 826-0240Fax (866) 653-9702 www.essexjewelers.com _____ From: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of robin_dempsterSent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:11 AMTo: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.comSubject: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Porn on Mach3 ForumOn every post in the Mach forum there is a text button that says "report to Moderator", if you click that an automatic message goes out to all admin and moderators and it is the quickest way to get this type of rubbish removed. Usually we manage to delete these spam posts minutes after they are posted but sometimes, as in this case, they slip through unoticed and can be there for quite a while. If you see anything like this again please use the Report To... button as it will help us keep the forum spam free.Hood--- In mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>yahoogroups.com, "greolt" <greolt@...> wrote:>> Thanks for the tip off people.> > I have removed it.> > Greg> > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>yahoogroups.com, Tom Hubin <thubin@> wrote:> >> > Hello,> > > > I don't know to whom to report this so just posting the info here.> There > > is porn posted on the Mach3 Forum in the "Video Probing" section at> > > > http://www.machsupp<http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.html>ort.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.0.html> > > > Tom Hubin> > thubin@> >>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 11, 2008
                                    You should be able to use any analog input... So Mobus or something like
                                    that... This is why makes this a bit if a read thing to use... See if
                                    you can get an OEM DRO reading in mach3 showing the tip voltage .. this
                                    would be a good start ;) After that I can help you with the next step..