RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: IMyScriptObject in VB

  • Mark Vaughan
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2008
      Sorry I can't help you with that, haven't got that far into it myself.
      Intended to, just too much other paid work at present.

      Art and Brian are probably the best bet.

      Regs Mark

      Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU

      Managing Director

      Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068

      Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

      Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.

      Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288

      RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2008
        Hi:

        Actually, when it copmes to VB I dont think either of us is competant to do it. It is supposedly simple, a com object attachment, but I dont do VB coding, so Im a babe in the woods when it comes to doing things in VB..

        I have been using Vbscript with Macros for some time.
        What I would like to do is gain access to the Com object
        through VB6 and call the IMyScriptObject there.

        Thanks Jay

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com, "Mark Vaughan" <mark@...> wrote:

        > Look at the videos, mach site under tutorials, there's some
        examples on
        > there.
        >
        > Also look at the M scripts in the mach macro's folder of your PC,
        they are
        > all VB script.
        >
        > You'll soon get the hang of it from these.
        >
        > Then somewhere on the mach site in the customize wiki which is I
        think at
        > the bottom of tutorials - documentation section, the wiki lists many
        > parameters and functions of VB script so you can attempt real fancy
        things.
        > I think there's also some documents in the old FTP section.
        >

        > Regs Mark
        >

        > Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU
        >
        > Managing Director
        >
        > Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068
        >
        > Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351
        >
        > Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.
        >
        > Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288
        >
        > RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)
        >
        > _____
        >
        > From: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com
        > Can anyone help me ,I would like to talk to
        > the Scripter in VB but don't have any samples.
        > Or could someone give me some pointers how to start?
        > I have used the Machremote SDK but would like to use VB
        > Thanks Jay

      • Graham Hollis
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2008
          I have had some partial success in attaching to the Mach3 document object
          and loading the roadrunner file. There is a problem however with the way
          Mach3 implements the attach and detach events. Art agreed with me the
          problem was likely on the Mach3 side. I sent this to him back in October but
          I think he ran out of time before retirement :-)

          Only partial success because it only works one time and then you have to
          restart Mach3. If however you load MachRemote first and connect it to Mach3,
          keep the connection open in MachRemote and then run this code, it will load
          the roadrunner as many times as you like without problem. I think the bug is
          in the way the connection is released in Mach3. The second connection in the
          table is no problem only the first/last connection to disconnect.

          Create a form and add a button and label to it. Paste the following code
          into the form code section to try it. If you make any progress, please let
          me know.

          Regards
          Graham

          'declarations
          Public objMach As Object

          'load button click
          Private Sub Command1_Click()

          Dim ret
          On Error GoTo Command1_Click_ERR

          Set objMach = Nothing
          Set objMach = GetObject(, "Mach4.document")
          ret = objMach.CloseFile()
          ret = objMach.LoadGcodeFile("c:\mach3\gcode\roadrunner.tap")
          Set objMach = Nothing
          Label1.Caption = "File load successful"

          PROC_EXIT:
          Exit Sub
          Command1_Click_ERR:
          Label1.Caption = "Error " + Str(Err)
          Resume PROC_EXIT

          End Sub

          Actually, when it copmes to VB I dont think either of us is competant to do
          it. It is supposedly simple, a com object attachment, but I dont do VB
          coding, so Im a babe in the woods when it comes to doing things in VB..

          I have been using Vbscript with Macros for some time.
          What I would like to do is gain access to the Com object
          through VB6 and call the IMyScriptObject there.

          Thanks Jay

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com, "Mark Vaughan" <mark@...> wrote:

          > Look at the videos, mach site under tutorials, there's some
          examples on
          > there.
          >
          > Also look at the M scripts in the mach macro's folder of your PC,
          they are
          > all VB script.
          >
          > You'll soon get the hang of it from these.
          >
          > Then somewhere on the mach site in the customize wiki which is I
          think at
          > the bottom of tutorials - documentation section, the wiki lists many
          > parameters and functions of VB script so you can attempt real fancy
          things.
          > I think there's also some documents in the old FTP section.
          >

          > Regs Mark
          >

          > Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU
          >
          > Managing Director
          >
          > Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068
          >
          > Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351
          >
          > Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.
          >
          > Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288
          >
          > RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)
          >
          > _____
          >
          > From: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com
          > Can anyone help me ,I would like to talk to
          > the Scripter in VB but don't have any samples.
          > Or could someone give me some pointers how to start?
          > I have used the Machremote SDK but would like to use VB
          > Thanks Jay

        • Graham Hollis
          Message 4 of 8 , May 11, 2008
            I have just posted D2nc Version 2.1.0 on the website www.d2nc.com.

            New in this version is 4th axis support. You can now wrap either the X or Y
            axis around the A axis with scaling and aspect control. There is a 7 minute
            screencam on the site demonstrating the new feature.

            Also included are a number of new wizards including engraving scales and
            bezels, and something for engine builders, a flywheel spoke cutout wizard.
            This brings the total number of wizards to 22. Ideas and suggestions on new
            wizards are always welcome.

            This is a free upgrade for registered users.

            Graham Hollis
            www.d2nc.com