Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Mach 3.03 w/ a PP- Offset issues

  • H & J Johnson
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 1, 2008
      Well it is possible that I'm missing steps however I don't think it's likely. It just happened a third time and I was standing right there when it happened. It's doing a straight linear move in purely the Y direction when it stops and reverses and then goes forward. This time it was 1". When I hit the verfiy it showed right near the 1" mark was lost on the Y. So I home it all and it still shows the inncorrect offset [by ~1"] I also hit the machine coord button and it show's -0.955" on the Y.

      I've got the Auto Zero checked under the home config so that shouldn't be the issue. As far as I can tell, there is something more than just loosing steps as the problem.

      My accel rates are 4.5 w/ a max speed of 450ipm however this issue is happening when I'm cutting at 85ipm and not during an accell.. but in the middle of a straight segment.. I can lower the accel even more but I've already come down from 7 and it's not having an effect that I can see..

      Jarrett

    • Todor Boshnakov
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 7, 2008
        I would go back to the time that the thread was
        started and say that I have experienced some similar
        problem. My "Y" axis seemed to have changed its offset
        value in the middle of cutting by about 1mm inside the
        job and of course spoiling it. I am not sure of the
        correct version, but this was some 5-6 months ago and
        the backlash comp was turned on.
        I tried the same G-code again and it did this at
        exactly the same line. Then I turned backlash off and
        the problem disappeared. This was the time I said, no
        more using the backlash comp.

        Bye, Todor

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?