Re: [mach1mach2cnc] PWM Spindle Control

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hello Rufi,
      Rufi wrote:

      > hi,
      >
      > I like to know what hardware/software interface is required for PWM
      spindle speed control. we are working on adding stepper and pwm outputs
      on our dspMC servo controller.
      > In particular:
      > 1. are open-drain outputs sufficient to interface with a third party
      pwm controller?
      Should be okay...

      > 2. As I understand, pwm needs the freq and dir outputs, as well as
      enable outputs. what is the standard polarity for these outputs?
      You need to pull the input low to activate the signals on most of the
      drives that I have used in the past...

      > 3. on the software side, we should be able to set the dutycycle. is
      the frequency also need to be adjusted by user?
      Don't think the user would need to change that ... but that is all up to
      the board guys...

      > 4. how many pwm channels are normally required in a retrofit?
      1 for the spindle and in the end I think they would only need to have a
      0-10V to run there spindle