Stepperworld Vs Hobbycnc

  • csirocnc
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2007
      Hi
      I am up dating my controller from 3 to a 4 axis I am currently using a
      SP-3 board from stepperworld but I'm looking at a 4 axis one from
      hobbycnc also.So what I'm asking is has anyone done a
      Comparison between the FET-4 from stepperworld and the 4 axis board
      from hobbycnc. Has anyone had trouble with one or the other.
      I'm leaning towards hobbycnc because of the bigger steppers and around
      $50 cheaper.

      Paul
    • poolq9900
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2007
        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "csirocnc" <paul.rusconi@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi
        > I am up dating my controller from 3 to a 4 axis I am currently
        using a
        > SP-3 board from stepperworld but I'm looking at a 4 axis one from
        > hobbycnc also.So what I'm asking is has anyone done a
        > Comparison between the FET-4 from stepperworld and the 4 axis board
        > from hobbycnc. Has anyone had trouble with one or the other.
        > I'm leaning towards hobbycnc because of the bigger steppers and
        around
        > $50 cheaper.
        >
        > Paul

        I am using Gecko drives, but I do have a HobbyCNC 3 axis controller
        sitting on the desk next to me that I was unable to get working. I
        recieved quite a lot of help from other users (to no avail) and if I
        remember correctly one email from HobbyCNC saying that somehow I had
        burned out all three drivers at the same time. I have no idea if I
        burned them all out or not, but the Gecko drive worked in the same
        wiring the first time. I know nothing about stepper world drives.

        your choice. just my experiance. I do electronics for a living.