Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: New Screen4

  • Art Fenerty
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
      Terry:
      Let me know the sequence of what your doing, I just tried to break a screen here and I fail entirely..

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
        Terry, you're my hero. It took me 1 1/2 mins before it moved several
        buttons.:-)

        So same problem here, Art.

        Spence

        > Terry:
        > Let me know the sequence of what your doing, I just tried to break
        a screen here and I fail entirely..

        > www.artofcnc.ca

      • Terry Parker
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
          Spence I have a doctorate degree in crashing Screen4(;-)TP

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "gimble88" <ence-ack@...> wrote:

          > Terry, you're my hero. It took me 1 1/2 mins before it moved several
          > buttons.:-)
          >
          > So same problem here, Art.
          >
          > Spence
          >

          > > Terry:
          > > Let me know the sequence of what your doing, I just tried to
          break
          > a screen here and I fail entirely..
          > >

          > > Thanks,
          > > Art
          > > www.artofcnc.ca

        • Terry Parker
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
            Art at the moment I am knee deep in running a batch of parts

            Latertonight I can sit down and write a summary. It is repeatable and
            there is a pattern. Looking back earlier at some notes it seem to
            have started around the time the flash screens became part of mach. I
            don't know if that has anything at all to do with anything, just an
            event date noted in the notes.

            You really didn't think it would misbehave for YOU did you(;-)

            (;-) TP

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:

            > Terry:
            > Let me know the sequence of what your doing, I just tried to break
            a screen here and I fail entirely..

            > www.artofcnc.ca

          • Art Fenerty
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
              Spence:

              Give me a sequence that does it and Ill find the little gremlin once and for all. :)\

              Terry, you're my hero. It took me 1 1/2 mins before it moved several
              buttons.:-)

              So same problem here, Art.

              Spence

              > Terry:
              > Let me know the sequence of what your doing, I just tried to break
              a screen here and I fail entirely..

              > www.artofcnc.ca

            • gimble88
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
                Hi Art, I think you're going to like this bug for pure bloody
                mindedness. But I think I have isolated the motherless bugger somewhat.

                I have the objects on my screen set locked in place. I can edit all
                objects as long as I scroll with the tab at the side of the window. If
                I scroll with the mouse wheel, I can't edit anything that was out of
                view before scrolling and some things that were. If I scroll a few
                times with the mouse wheel I can't edit anything and some things that
                are locked with move without being selected.

                If I open 1024 screen set or any set with objects not locked in place,
                if I click any object in the screen release the mouse button and
                scroll with the mouse wheel between clicks I get about 5 clicks in
                before objects in line vertically with the mouse but above or below
                jump to the mouse position. Doesn't seem to happen when I scroll with
                the tab at the right side of the screen.

                So I'm saying the mouse wheel near the center of this s. storm.

                All these screens and edit functions work perfectly on my larger screen.

              • Terry Parker
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
                  The mouse wheel is part of the problem, I just tested it. I normally
                  use it very little but I guess I have used it while in scream4.

                  I can fix that real easy, where is that hammer i'll knoock that
                  little bugger right out of that mouse.

                  Still has some issues with images though

                  (;-) TP

                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:

                  > Spence:
                  >
                  > Wheel eh,, hmm, you may be on to something, I never use that
                  wheel, I wonder if terry does..

                  > www.artofcnc.ca

                • Art Fenerty
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
                    Spence:

                    Wheel eh,, hmm, you may be on to something, I never use that wheel, I wonder if terry does..

                    Hi Art, I think you're going to like this bug for pure bloody
                    mindedness. But I think I have isolated the motherless bugger somewhat.

                    I have the objects on my screen set locked in place. I can edit all
                    objects as long as I scroll with the tab at the side of the window. If
                    I scroll with the mouse wheel, I can't edit anything that was out of
                    view before scrolling and some things that were. If I scroll a few
                    times with the mouse wheel I can't edit anything and some things that
                    are locked with move without being selected.

                    If I open 1024 screen set or any set with objects not locked in place,
                    if I click any object in the screen release the mouse button and
                    scroll with the mouse wheel between clicks I get about 5 clicks in
                    before objects in line vertically with the mouse but above or below
                    jump to the mouse position. Doesn't seem to happen when I scroll with
                    the tab at the right side of the screen.

                    So I'm saying the mouse wheel near the center of this s. storm.

                    All these screens and edit functions work perfectly on my larger screen.

                    > Spence:
                    >
                    > Give me a sequence that does it and Ill find the little gremlin
                    once and for all. :)\

                    > www.artofcnc.ca

                  • Terry Parker
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                      Good Morning ART, Did you make any headway with scream4 last night??

                    • Terry Parker
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                        Art I can slide the sliders all day without effect. BUT the second I
                        touch the center wheel on the mouse then all heck breaks loose.

                        It becomes impossible to select any object and sometimes when you try
                        to click on it the object jumps across the screen.

                        also at that point if you save and load up in Mach you find the
                        screen is all skewed out of shape.

                        I have gotten it down to load and fail in 10 seconds or less.

                        I have screen shots but they are large to send.

                        Let me know if I can help I have free time today and a full pot of
                        coffee.

                        (;-) TP

                        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Terry:
                        >
                        > Im still seeing a random funniness. I dont see any difference
                        between the wheel and the sliders, but Im sure one routine comewhere
                        is either missing an offset or setting one..still hunting..

                        > www.artofcnc.ca

                      • Terry Parker
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                          Art, I just figured out a way to get the screen shots down to a small
                          size to email so IF I can be of ANY help let me know.

                        • Art Fenerty
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                            Hi Terry:

                            Im still seeing a random funniness. I dont see any difference between the wheel and the sliders, but Im sure one routine comewhere is either missing an offset or setting one..still hunting..

                            Good Morning ART, Did you make any headway with scream4 last night??

                            (;-) TP

                            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:

                            > Spence:
                            >
                            > Wheel eh,, hmm, you may be on to something, I never use that
                            wheel, I wonder if terry does..

                            > www.artofcnc.ca

                          • Terry Parker
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                              Art here is also some image issues present in SCream4. If I create an
                              image button in Scream4 it will dissapear when loaded into MACH. Also
                              when you reload it back in S4 to look at it the image has
                              dissapearred leaving only a color outlined box where the image once
                              was.

                              Sometime you do not have to leave s4 to make it happen. Place an
                              image button on the screen and then doulble click on it to open the
                              control panel then close the box. Here it makes the image dissapear
                              and leaves the color outlined box(no image).

                              (;-) TP

                              -- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:

                              > Terry:
                              >
                              > I suspect windows is using its own wheel routine to confuse
                              things... Ill override it with my own and see what happens..

                              > www.artofcnc.ca

                            • Art Fenerty
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                                Terry:

                                I suspect windows is using its own wheel routine to confuse things... Ill override it with my own and see what happens..

                                Art I can slide the sliders all day without effect. BUT the second I
                                touch the center wheel on the mouse then all heck breaks loose.

                                It becomes impossible to select any object and sometimes when you try
                                to click on it the object jumps across the screen.

                                also at that point if you save and load up in Mach you find the
                                screen is all skewed out of shape.

                                I have gotten it down to load and fail in 10 seconds or less.

                                I have screen shots but they are large to send.

                                Let me know if I can help I have free time today and a full pot of
                                coffee.

                                (;-) TP

                                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Terry:
                                >
                                > Im still seeing a random funniness. I dont see any difference
                                between the wheel and the sliders, but Im sure one routine comewhere
                                is either missing an offset or setting one..still hunting..

                                > www.artofcnc.ca

                              • ian_emt
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                                  Hi Art

                                  Just tried latest screen 4.

                                  Starting a new screen I can place most controls. However Led gives me
                                  a message box with an exclamation mark and an OK button which I cant
                                  close.

                                  It persists even after I exit screen 4 and takes several clicks of the
                                  OK to get rid of it.

                                  Wondered if this info may help.

                                  Regards

                                  Ian
                                • Art Fenerty
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                                    Terry:

                                    Make sure the iamge is in the bitmaps folder or else it will disappear.. Ill look into it very shortly, Im away today for a bit..

                                    Art here is also some image issues present in SCream4. If I create an
                                    image button in Scream4 it will dissapear when loaded into MACH. Also
                                    when you reload it back in S4 to look at it the image has
                                    dissapearred leaving only a color outlined box where the image once
                                    was.

                                    Sometime you do not have to leave s4 to make it happen. Place an
                                    image button on the screen and then doulble click on it to open the
                                    control panel then close the box. Here it makes the image dissapear
                                    and leaves the color outlined box(no image).

                                    (;-) TP

                                    -- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:

                                    > Terry:
                                    >
                                    > I suspect windows is using its own wheel routine to confuse
                                    things... Ill override it with my own and see what happens..

                                    > www.artofcnc.ca

                                  • Terry Parker
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                                      Art you cannot enjoy having a day off if you are still here(;-)

                                      Just a note for later.

                                      I removed the wheel mouse and installed an older mouse and all is
                                      well with the world now (so far) It seemed that also the two side
                                      buttons effected SCREAM4 as well.

                                      The new/old mouse only has two buttons. I created a complex screen
                                      page and everything is as it should be. I did solve the image issue

                                      Another point my machine PC has a wheel mouse as well and every now
                                      and then it does some funky screen things when I am not paying
                                      attention. I replaced it as well and have not had any more issues so
                                      far.

                                      Time will tell.

                                      Art,Thanks for all YOUR hard work and enjoy your day off. (;-) TP

                                      (DUH)(;-) TP

                                    • Art Fenerty
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 2, 2007
                                        Ian:

                                        Make sure its in the mach3 folder WITH all the image files that are in its zip file.. The ! mark usually means it cant find an imag eof the led..