Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: stepper stall (to Art)

  • Art
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 2 1:15 PM
      Isak:

      I will look deeper and get back to you.

      From: "sisakl" <isak@...>
      To: <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 4:55 PM
      Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: stepper stall (to Art)

      > It is in a G2 full circuit move (G2 x0 y0 i10 j0).
      >
      > It seems that the CV light has no effect on the behaviour.
      >
      > I changed it by G61/G64 MDI command, and confirmed that the light,
      > infact, goes on and off.
      >
      > I've tried with CV off and with CV on.
      > In both cases there is a sudden stop and then sudden move.
      >
      > Maybe there are some files which are not replaced during the upgrade
      > process.
      >
      > Thanks, Isak.
      >

      > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art <fenerty@a...> wrote:
      > > Isak:
      > >
      > > Is this in a G2,G3 move? On mine , both axis slow to a stop
      > before
      > > correcting, then both axis accelerate. (Unless CV is used in which
      > case it
      > > works as you describe.) Is the CV light off when doing this?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Art
      > > www.artofcnc.ca

    • Art
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 2 2:06 PM
        Isak:

        I have found a problem in there. This would happen only in full IJ circles.
        I have fixed it for the next release.

        Thanks, Sorry for the bug..

      • Daniel Maioli Padua
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 3 9:45 AM
          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Art <fenerty@a...> wrote:
          > Isak:
          >
          > I have found a problem in there. This would happen only in full
          IJ circles.
          > I have fixed it for the next release.
          >
          > Thanks, Sorry for the bug..
          >
          > Art
          > www.artofcnc.ca

          Art, does this problem fix mine???

          After the M0 command, I put a full circle command. And sometimes it
          runs and other don´t (no stepper stall here, Mc2 was ignoring the
          first line after the M0, and to fix it I was using: g1 x--- y---
          before the G2 or G3)

          Any clue?

          Daniel.
        • Art
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 3 10:26 AM
            Daniel:

            Send me the file and I'll either fix the trouble or let you know whats
            causing it. Sounds like a small bug in the interpreter or something. Beware
            of M0's, they mean "end of program" and will stop translation so that you
            get no further toolpath. Use M1's when you can, that way you get full
            toolpath..

          • sisakl
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 6 12:49 PM
              Hi, Art.

              The backlash is much better now.
              There still a problem though.

              In a G2 move, when the radius is very big there is a sudden
              stop/start.

              for example:
              G0 x0 y0
              G2 x100 y0 r1000 f300
              I checked it with acceleration value of 1.

              In this move:
              X accelerates, then decelerates until 50, and stops at about 50.
              Till now all is ok.

              Then X starts to accelerate.
              When X is in a certin velocity Y starts to move to the other
              position.
              Then Y corrects backlash, which causes X to stop and then start
              again.

              Could you please check it up.

              Thanks, Isak.