G100, v2.04 Mach3 and LCam.

  • art
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi Guyd:

      G100 plugin was just updated with a 6 second connection timeout vs a 4 second one. It was found that some system were a touch over 4 seconds to connect.

      Mach3 and LCam were updated to 2.04 in the development update, they cure a coupel minor problems, axis slaving is hopefully repaired by its config/general selection being properly made persistant. LCam had some trouble with clamps in pocketing. More work is going on in LCam now for tabbing, should be out soon. Mach3 is pretty stable, no real bad bugs being reported other than the slaving bug for homing. Let me know if this doesnt fix it for you.

      Thats about it for now..

      Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
      Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

    • greolt
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
        Gave it a go Art. Dead as a doornail for me on two machines.

        Driver test was good but no evidence of signal in or out.

        Back to .051 and going sweet. :)

        Greg

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@...> wrote:

        > Hi Guyd:
        >
        > Mach3 and LCam were updated to 2.04 in the development update, they
        cure a coupel minor problems, axis slaving is hopefully repaired by
        its config/general selection being properly made persistant. LCam had
        some trouble with clamps in pocketing. More work is going on in LCam
        now for tabbing, should be out soon. Mach3 is pretty stable, no real
        bad bugs being reported other than the slaving bug for homing. Let me
        know if this doesnt fix it for you.

        > Thats about it for now..

        > www.artofcnc.ca
      • John PRENTICE
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@...> wrote:

          > Mach3 and LCam were updated to 2.04 in the development update, they
          cure a coupel minor problems,

          Art

          Does this include the debounce on DIGITIZE input being made different
          from limits and the other slow stuff?

          John Prentice
        • art
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
            Greg:

            Send me your xml will you?

            Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
            Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
            Gave it a go Art. Dead as a doornail for me on two machines.

            Driver test was good but no evidence of signal in or out.

            Back to .051 and going sweet. :)

            Greg

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@...> wrote:

            > Hi Guyd:
            >
            > Mach3 and LCam were updated to 2.04 in the development update, they
            cure a coupel minor problems, axis slaving is hopefully repaired by
            its config/general selection being properly made persistant. LCam had
            some trouble with clamps in pocketing. More work is going on in LCam
            now for tabbing, should be out soon. Mach3 is pretty stable, no real
            bad bugs being reported other than the slaving bug for homing. Let me
            know if this doesnt fix it for you.

            > Thats about it for now..

            > www.artofcnc.ca

          • art
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
              John:

              My appologies, it does indeed. Ill update the change list

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007

                The two machines XMLs are at this link. Is there a better way I should
                have sent them?

                http://web.aanet.com.au/greolt/MachProfiles/

                No XML changes were made when trying the update to v2.04

                Because no signal in or out I first thought that the updating may have
                twiddled the port addresses. But they remained good.

                Just reinstalled 0.51 over the top again and every thing was working
                again with no XML changes.

                Thanks, Greg

                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@...> wrote:

                > Greg:
                >
                > Send me your xml will you?

                > www.artofcnc.ca
                >
                > Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
                > Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

              • art
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
                  Hii Greg:

                  The only thing I fin dis the Seig, the only one I tested, was set to a port address of 278 instead of the standard 378. When I changed that, it moved fine. I did load my 1024.set though, as I didnt have the special screen you were using..

                  Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
                  Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
                  The two machines XMLs are at this link. Is there a better way I should
                  have sent them?

                  http://web.aanet.com.au/greolt/MachProfiles/

                  No XML changes were made when trying the update to v2.04

                  Because no signal in or out I first thought that the updating may have
                  twiddled the port addresses. But they remained good.

                  Just reinstalled 0.51 over the top again and every thing was working
                  again with no XML changes.

                  Thanks, Greg

                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@...> wrote:

                  > Greg:
                  >
                  > Send me your xml will you?

                  > www.artofcnc.ca
                  >
                  > Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
                  > Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

                • greolt
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007

                    Yes 278 is correct on my computer. The other port is bc00

                    As I say when I reinstalled 0.51 without any change it all worked perfect.

                    And yes I tried it with the standard 1024 set as well.

                    Never mind I'll keep using 0.51. Maybe I had a crook download of the
                    updater.

                  • greolt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007

                      I had another go at installing the update and it is working OK

                      It occurred to me that I may have previously updated from other than
                      the lockdown version.

                      If that was the case then I should be "dropped from a great height and
                      publicly peed upon" as my uncle used to say. :)

                      Anyhow the update has fixed the issue of hanging when doing a slaved
                      axis homing. So that's good. :)

                      So all in all I'm very happy right now. Macros are working,
                      everything good.

                      Thanks for constantly and patiently giving support to dills like me.

                      Greg