g43

  • gimble88
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi,

      Is G43 modal? It seems that if I execute an M6 T2 command the length
      offset is not applied unless I include a g43 for each M6 Tx commmand.

      Is this normal? Or should I be able to initialize with a g43 and then
      have all offsets be applied when the toolchange is made?

      Thanks,
      Spence
    • John PRENTICE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "gimble88" <ence-ack@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Is G43 modal? It seems that if I execute an M6 T2 command the length
        > offset is not applied unless I include a g43 for each M6 Tx
        commmand.

        > Is this normal? Or should I be able to initialize with a g43 and
        then
        > have all offsets be applied when the toolchange is made?

        Spence

        I know it seems inconvenient but a bit of background might justify it.

        M6 Tx is not actually a command but two.

        T6 says get ready to use Tool x. This could be done half an hour
        before it is needed and with a big tool changer this lookahead is
        useful.

        M6 says change to the tool selected by a previous Tx

        G43 Hyy says apply the offsets of the entry number yy in the tool
        table.

        yy does not have to be the same as xx although it often is and can
        thus be omitted. However at the time of the T word or the time of the
        M6 the control does not know what G43 is going to be issued.

        The three stages seem cumbersome when doing it by hand but do have
        logic in them.

        John Prentice
      • gimble88
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
          John, thanks for the great (and quick) answer. The logic makes sense.
          Actually seems more convenient to have control of all the steps. Every
          day the picture gets a little clearer.

          Thanks again,
          Spence