Re: kipwareM

  • japrenticeuk
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, dholness@a... wrote:
      > I'm a registered user of Mach1 and I'm now onto Mach2.

      <snip>
      > I'm now trying to configure a post in KipwareM program from
      > www.kentechinc.com
      >
      > to match mach1/2. I've made a few basic runs nothing fancy with
      the program
      > seem real easy to used. just select the type of machine
      operation, fill in the
      > blanks and out comes the code. Then I just load the file into
      mach2 and run
      > the part.
      >
      > The software even has a dxf converter that will take the drawing
      and covert
      > to G code.
      >
      > Just would like to know if anyone else on the list is using this
      program?

      Not a user but I followed this up and while there are problems
      registering to access their site this link was sent me which gives
      access to somw slide-shows of thir software.

      http://www.kentechinc.com/demoversions.shtml

      KipwareT supports turning.

      Best wishes

      John Prentice
    • rs274d
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        I'm a KipWare user. You will have some difficulty when it comes to
        cutting radiuses or circles. They only true post is a "Faunc
        compatable" and it doesn't produce either an I or J for a radius
        cut. Mach2 requires I or J other. You can fix this by buying their
        gcode converter ( I forget the actual name).

        Jeff E.