Re: Two MPG's on a lathe..

  • John PRENTICE
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "poppa_bear1000" <poppabear@...>
      wrote:

      > WHAT!!???
      >
      > You can't use two MPG's at the same time (with parrallel ports)???

      Scott

      As I said in my post you can do it now (and have been able to for over
      a year). Use Hi-res encoders not 100 cpr wheels for best results.

      Art said/meant in his reply to 74797 you cannot simultaneously use a
      stick or keys with MPG(s)

      John Prentice
    • Leslie Newell
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
        I agree. Once you get used to mixing manual and CNC you will wonder how
        you ever managed without them, especially if you do a lot of one-off jobs.

        Les

        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "rogersmach" <rogersmach@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> Hi All,
        >>

        >> Is it feasible or practical to install two MPG's on a lathe?
        >>

        > Ron
        >
        > Yes. The result is a very easy to use machine. You can do manual
        > turning as easily as on a machine with handwheels. Useful in its own
        > right and for a sizing cut for setting offsets by the "measured
        > diameter" method.
        >
        > Se
      • Walter Luikey
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hi,

          Really new to this group.

          Just what are MPG's ?

          Wally

        • art
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
            Scott:

            You misunderstand, ( or I misexplained :) ). You CAN use two at once. You just cant use keyboard jog at the same time as MPG jog.. You can use
            up to three MPG's at the smae time..

            Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
            Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
              Wally:

              MPG ( manual pulse generator) are lioek encoder wheels with click detents on them, with them, you can jog by turning the wheel.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007

                ***looking down shuffling the feet***