load gcode file

  • jehancocy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      Art, is there any way to get the file list to come up default sorted
      by date, latest first? Or at least, come up in detail mode so I can
      click on the date without having to go into detail first. I use a
      rollerball on the mill and it is hard to move around.

      thanks
    • caudlet
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jehancocy" <jehancoc@...> wrote:

        > Art, is there any way to get the file list to come up default sorted
        > by date, latest first? Or at least, come up in detail mode so I can
        > click on the date without having to go into detail first. I use a
        > rollerball on the mill and it is hard to move around.
        >
        > thanks

        When you get the Windows File list open there is a samll Icon at the
        top right that controls the "view" of the files. Click on that and
        Select "Detail" you will get a wider look that includes the file
        name, file type, file modified date. Clicking any of those top
        buttons sorts the list by that criteria. Click once for ascending and
        again for decending sorts. That will give you files by date rather
        than alpabetically.

        It unfortunately does not default back to that view the next time you
        Load File but at least you can see the files like you want them using
        the method above. Most of the screen controls in any application are
        based on the Windows API and you have to live with the way they work
        or completely rewrite them (Ugly).

        Tom Caudle
        www.CandCNC.com
      • jehancocy
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          thanks, I use that method and it is a pain. I assume Art is using
          the common dialog controls in msvc++ and can either put another
          button up there or just default the file list to detail which is
          handier anyway. that way you can sort with one click.