Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: missing steps on Z

Expand Messages
  • jehancocy
    ... the sounds to me like your driver isn t supplying enough current. You could also try lengthening your step pulse. Steppers usually require more current
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "J.R." <jr_hatcher@...> wrote:
      >
      > i need some help with this one. why would my lathe lose steps at
      the
      sounds to me like your driver isn't supplying enough current. You
      could also try lengthening your step pulse. Steppers usually
      require more current when moving slowly, much like when they are
      stopped. You don't notice insufficient current when they are
      stopped but you do when they are moving slowly.


      > bottom of an arch as in line N0055, N0065, etc. when it slows at
      the
      > botton of the arch the z gets very weak and loses steps. at that
      > point you can even hold the motor with your hand, at other places
      in
      > he same program you can't come close to holding it????? this is
      part
      > of the program. thanks J.R.
      >
      > N0045 G1 Z1.7810
      > N0050 G1 X3.6268 Z1.7810
      > N0055 G3 X3.6265 Z3.8074 I4.1150 K1.0135
      > N0060 G1 X3.6265 Z4.0388
      > N0065 G2 X3.6268 Z1.5496 I4.1152 K-1.2443
      > N0070 G1 X3.6268 Z1.2467
      > N0075 G2 X3.6083 Z1.2528 I-0.5981 K-0.9058
      > N0080 G1 X3.6083 Z1.3792
      > N0085 G3 X3.6265 Z4.2360 I4.1243 K1.4153
      > N0090 G1 X3.6264 Z4.4144
      > N0095 G3 X3.5617 Z4.3266 I-6.2812 K2.2673
      > N0100 G2 X3.4859 Z1.3690 I4.1476 K-1.5322
      > N0105 G1 X3.4859 Z1.2188
      > N0110 G3 X3.6268 Z1.1724 I-0.5277 K-0.8780
      > N0115 G1 X3.6269 Z1.0957
      > N0120 G2 X3.3635 Z1.1835 I-0.5982 K-0.7549
      > N0125 G1 X3.3635 Z1.3589
      > N0130 G3 X3.4470 Z4.3480 I4.2466 K1.4355
      > N0135 G2 X3.6264 Z4.6014 I-6.1915 K2.3337
      > N0140 G1 X3.6264 Z4.8051
      > N0145 G3 X3.3324 Z4.3694 I-6.2812 K1.8767
      > N0150 G2 X3.2412 Z1.3489 I4.2622 K-1.5750
      > N0155 G1 X3.2412 Z1.1466
      > N0160 G3 X3.6269 Z1.0160 I-0.4053 K-0.8058
      > N0165 G1 X3.6269 Z0.9317
      > N0170 G2 X3.1188 Z1.1080 I-0.5982 K-0.5909
      > N0175 G1 X3.1188 Z1.3389
      > N0180 G3 X3.2178 Z4.3908 I4.3690 K1.4555
      > N0185 G2 X3.6264 Z5.0314 I-6.0769 K2.2909
      >
    • Steve Blackmore
      ... What size stepper at what voltage and amps? Steve Blackmore --
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
        On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 01:01:00 -0000, you wrote:

        >i need some help with this one. why would my lathe lose steps at the
        >bottom of an arch as in line N0055, N0065, etc. when it slows at the
        >botton of the arch the z gets very weak and loses steps.

        What size stepper at what voltage and amps?

        Steve Blackmore
        --
      • J.R.
        Steve, the steppers are nema 23, 425oz, 2.8 amp, 4 volts, 4 wire. J.R.
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
          Steve, the steppers are nema 23, 425oz, 2.8 amp, 4 volts, 4 wire.

          J.R.

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@...> wrote:
          >
          > On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 01:01:00 -0000, you wrote:
          >
          > >i need some help with this one. why would my lathe lose steps at the
          > >bottom of an arch as in line N0055, N0065, etc. when it slows at the
          > >botton of the arch the z gets very weak and loses steps.
          >
          > What size stepper at what voltage and amps?
          >
          > Steve Blackmore
          > --
          >
        • Steve Blackmore
          ... How many Volts are you supplying them with? Also try adjusting CV and acceleration values. Steve Blackmore --
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
            On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:16:54 -0000, you wrote:

            >Steve, the steppers are nema 23, 425oz, 2.8 amp, 4 volts, 4 wire.

            How many Volts are you supplying them with? Also try adjusting CV and
            acceleration values.

            Steve Blackmore
            --
          • J.R.
            34 volts (24 volt 10 amp trans rectified = 34) i have just ordered a 75 volt power supply. what are you thinking? J.R.
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
              34 volts (24 volt 10 amp trans rectified = 34) i have just ordered a 75
              volt power supply. what are you thinking? J.R.

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@...> wrote:
              >
              > On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:16:54 -0000, you wrote:
              >
              > >Steve, the steppers are nema 23, 425oz, 2.8 amp, 4 volts, 4 wire.
              >
              > How many Volts are you supplying them with? Also try adjusting CV and
              > acceleration values.
              >
              > Steve Blackmore
              > --
              >
            • Steve Blackmore
              ... Thought you might be a little under voltage, but that normally only affects available speed, not torque. Can you send me the full code offline so I can run
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
                On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:30:09 -0000, you wrote:

                >34 volts (24 volt 10 amp trans rectified = 34) i have just ordered a 75
                >volt power supply. what are you thinking? J.R.

                Thought you might be a little under voltage, but that normally only
                affects available speed, not torque.

                Can you send me the full code offline so I can run it here and see what
                happens. I also need to know if it's Diameter Mode and Incremental or
                absolute arcs.

                Thanks

                Steve Blackmore
                --
              • J.R.
                Steve, i m not sure if it s Incremental or absolute arcs, where do i find that info? ... a 75 ... what ... or
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
                  Steve, i'm not sure if it's Incremental or
                  absolute arcs, where do i find that info?


                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@...>
                  wrote:
                  >
                  > On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:30:09 -0000, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >34 volts (24 volt 10 amp trans rectified = 34) i have just ordered
                  a 75
                  > >volt power supply. what are you thinking? J.R.
                  >
                  > Thought you might be a little under voltage, but that normally only
                  > affects available speed, not torque.
                  >
                  > Can you send me the full code offline so I can run it here and see
                  what
                  > happens. I also need to know if it's Diameter Mode and Incremental
                  or
                  > absolute arcs.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Steve Blackmore
                  > --
                  >
                • Steve Blackmore
                  ... Config/General Config/IJ Mode Tell me what you have set and whether the file displays as it should. Steve Blackmore --
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
                    On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 21:02:08 -0000, you wrote:

                    >Steve, i'm not sure if it's Incremental or
                    >absolute arcs, where do i find that info?

                    Config/General Config/IJ Mode

                    Tell me what you have set and whether the file displays as it should.

                    Steve Blackmore
                    --
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.