Mach 3 video, Art

  • ozzie34231
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi Art,

      Thought I'd repost this little problem in case you missed it in the
      middle of another rather wordy post.

      I've started playing with Mach 3 video capabilities and the following
      happens.

      On first try View Video works fine.
      Upon closing that window and retrying, a screen asks for the video
      device, which has the correct device, but then I get an error message:
      Video OCX Error
      Video OCX (video)
      Driver can't be connected
      OK

      Thanks,
      Jerry
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2007
        Try this:
        Stop Video Stream then press OK. If you do that I think it will work.
        Brian

        ozzie34231 wrote:

        > Hi Art,
        >
        > Thought I'd repost this little problem in case you missed it in the
        > middle of another rather wordy post.
        >
        > I've started playing with Mach 3 video capabilities and the following
        > happens.
        >
        > On first try View Video works fine.
        > Upon closing that window and retrying, a screen asks for the video
        > device, which has the correct device, but then I get an error message:
        > Video OCX Error
        > Video OCX (video)
        > Driver can't be connected
        > OK
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jerry

      • ozzie34231
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2007
          Thanks Brian, IT WORKS!
          Now if you have time can you explain the use of the radio buttons on
          that screen.

          Jerry

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2007
            They are just something that was part of the OCX and I think they should
            be taken out :)

            ozzie34231 wrote:

            > Thanks Brian, IT WORKS!
            > Now if you have time can you explain the use of the radio buttons on
            > that screen.
            >
            > Jerry
            >
            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Try this:
            > > Stop Video Stream then press OK. If you do that I think it will work.
            > > Brian

          • aeroengraving
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012
              Hi Art,
              I am having the same result! Works on the first go and then broken?
              Same message. Did you find a solusion?

              Werner

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@...> wrote:

              > Hi Art,
              >
              > Thought I'd repost this little problem in case you missed it in the
              > middle of another rather wordy post.
              >
              > I've started playing with Mach 3 video capabilities and the following
              > happens.
              >
              > On first try View Video works fine.
              > Upon closing that window and retrying, a screen asks for the video
              > device, which has the correct device, but then I get an error message:
              > Video OCX Error
              > Video OCX (video)
              > Driver can't be connected
              > OK
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Jerry

            • aeroengraving
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012
                Hi Art,
                I am having the same result! Works on the first go and then broken?
                Same message. Did you find a solusion?

                Werner

                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@...> wrote:

                > Hi Art,
                >
                > Thought I'd repost this little problem in case you missed it in the
                > middle of another rather wordy post.
                >
                > I've started playing with Mach 3 video capabilities and the following
                > happens.
                >
                > On first try View Video works fine.
                > Upon closing that window and retrying, a screen asks for the video
                > device, which has the correct device, but then I get an error message:
                > Video OCX Error
                > Video OCX (video)
                > Driver can't be connected
                > OK
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Jerry

              • art2
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
                  Hi:

                  Im not familiar with the video plugin in its current version, but that sounds very much like the plugin isnt closing the Video channel properly.

                  www.gearotic.com

                  I am having the same result! Works on the first go and then broken?
                  Same message. Did you find a solusion?

                  Werner

                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Art,
                  >
                  > Thought I'd repost this little problem in case you missed it in the
                  > middle of another rather wordy post.
                  >
                  > I've started playing with Mach 3 video capabilities and the following
                  > happens.
                  >
                  > On first try View Video works fine.
                  > Upon closing that window and retrying, a screen asks for the video
                  > device, which has the correct device, but then I get an error message:
                  > Video OCX Error
                  > Video OCX (video)
                  > Driver can't be connected
                  > OK
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Jerry

                • aeroengraving
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
                    Thanks for the Reply Art! I am sure the Guys will get it figured out someday!
                    On another note, I purchased Gearotic along with my G-wizard subscription, I really don't have any time to play with it I got really just to support you! Just for the heck of it the other night I was sitting in my easy chair 8:00pm after a long day and I thought I will take a look at what you've been doing so I fired up Gearotic big mistake I was having so much fun with it before I knew it, it was 1:00am. Soon I will be a Gearhead going Mach3! Thanks for the great program!
                    Have a great day Buddy!
                    Werner

                    --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art2 <fenerty@...> wrote:

                    > Hi:
                    >
                    > Im not familiar with the video plugin in its current version, but that sounds very much like the plugin isnt closing the Video channel properly.

                    > www.gearotic.com

                  • art2
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
                      Werner...

                      >> I was sitting in my easy chair 8:00pm after a long day and I thought I will take a look at what you've been doing so I fired up Gearotic big mistake I was having so much fun with it before I knew it, it was 1:00am.

                      lol, one guy recently wrote and complained I had written digital Crack.. Glad your enjoying it, the best part of GM is
                      that I never get nasty letters anymore about a broken bit, or complex macros not working, makes me enjoy my support role
                      again.. Sorry I couldnt help with the video plugin..been quite a while since Ive had to crack a plugin open.. ( That makes me happy too..)

                      www.gearotic.com

                      Thanks for the Reply Art! I am sure the Guys will get it figured out someday!
                      On another note, I purchased Gearotic along with my G-wizard subscription, I really don't have any time to play with it I got really just to support you! Just for the heck of it the other night I was sitting in my easy chair 8:00pm after a long day and I thought I will take a look at what you've been doing so I fired up Gearotic big mistake I was having so much fun with it before I knew it, it was 1:00am. Soon I will be a Gearhead going Mach3! Thanks for the great program!
                      Have a great day Buddy!
                      Werner

                      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art2 <fenerty@...> wrote:

                      > Hi:
                      >
                      > Im not familiar with the video plugin in its current version, but that sounds very much like the plugin isnt closing the Video channel properly.

                      > www.gearotic.com

                    • chuck
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
                        Art,
                        I did exactly the same thing when GM first came out... there autta be a law!!!!!....
                        your an EFFIN GENIUS .... thanx and happy holidays.
                        Chuck S