G320 step error voltage to control feedrate?

  • jehancocy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      So I have all three of my axis running on my new dovetail mill using
      the g320's and 1100oz/in servos. This is quite a step-up over my other
      CNC mill.

      I see where the G320's have a voltage output available on a test point
      that is correlated to the lead/lag step error. It would be nice if
      there was an easy way to get the step error into Mach3 so that if the
      drive was running behind and the error rate was increasing then Mach3
      would lower the feedrate using the feedrate override.

      I assume I could do this with an input line using an A/D convertor on
      a PIC chip that raises a line to slow down and another to speed up?

      Has anyone taken a look at this?