Rutex and US digital wont talk where am I going wrong !

  • markoldfosterau
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      hi all my rutex R990H wont talk to my US digital PC4 differential
      encoader 1st should it ? I am using the following pins from the ten pin
      pc4 to the db9 on the rutex . so here goes ! pc4 pin one to pin 9db9
      pc4 pin5 A- to pin3 db9, pc4pin 6A+ to pin2db9 pc4 pin7 to db9
      pin1 pc4 pin9 B- to db9 pin5 pc4pin10 b+ to db9 pin 6 . thats it
      but it dont work !!! as you can see I ant no wire Jocky . thanks to all
      mark
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        PC4 DB9
        1-----9
        2
        3
        4
        5-----3
        6-----2
        7-----1
        8
        9-----5
        10----4

        My take on it, it looks like you have pc4 pin 10 to db9 pin 6, I
        believe it should be pin4
        Richard Konnen
      • markoldfosterau
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <rkonnen@...> wrote:

          > PC4 DB9
          > 1-----9
          > 2
          > 3
          > 4
          > 5-----3
          > 6-----2
          > 7-----1
          > 8
          > 9-----5
          > 10----4
          >
          > My take on it, it looks like you have pc4 pin 10 to db9 pin 6, I
          > believe it should be pin4
          > Richard Konnen

          no that is what I have as above I may have writen it wrong .Any ideas
          how I might test it . The motor runs away ! but not if I use the
          encoader without the PC4 and just run it as 4 pins but I get some
          noise (I think as doesent repeat well the lead is approx six feet
          long .) I need someway to prove the PC4 bit . thanks Richard . I am
          so close to having it running after one long year of conversion to my
          moog . thanks mark