SOLVED == Z and Y move in hand but not on mill

  • Gary Shepherd
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
      After studying a Taig Mill setup here

      http://www.cartertools.com/millset.html
      http://www.cartertools.com/millset2.html

      I tried adjusting the y-axis gibs. Not sure how much adjusting I did
      but I pulled the screws totally out. That was not the problem. It was
      much simpler...

      I had the motors screwed down too tight. I loosened the y- and z-axis
      motors and the spin just fine now. Who would have thought.

      Maybe tomorrow, (well that's today now - it's 3:00am) I'll actually
      get to cut on something.

      Thanks for the suggestions. I learned stuff so I'm a little smarter now.

      gs
    • BRIAN FOLEY
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi, first turn the acceleration down on x.y to say 20 and see if it runs.
        start low, things will go slow but work them up slowly. reread the motor
        tuning section on Mach forum. velocity is how fast the axis can run and
        acceleration is how fast the speed goes up to velocity. so start with low
        values leaving the acceleration setting low at first. get them mooving and
        then tune upwards. good luck, cul brian f.