Symptom of not enough memory?

  • SpookyDad
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
      Can anyone tell me what symptoms I would see if the
      G code is too big for the system's memory?

      I did a run of some text. The gcode file was about 6 meg.
      The text is ok except that some lines are shifted up 1/2
      a line or so and some are down 1/2 a line or so. It seemed
      to be fine until it shifted to another section of the text.

      Neil

      --
      Registered Massage Therapist
      Self-admitted Halloween Nut
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        Neil:

        Sounds like lost steps. If it happens when switching lines, it may just be the motor tuning need to be lowered a bit so the rapids arent quite so quick..

        Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
        Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
          Does the pulse width also help with this ?

          Todd

          (with a similar problem)

          Sounds like lost steps. If it happens when switching lines, it may just be
          the motor tuning need to be lowered a bit so the rapids arent quite so
          quick..

          Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupp <http://www.machsupport.com>
          ort.com
          Users Map: http://www.frappr <http://www.frappr.com/machsupport>
          com/machsupport

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
            Todd:

            Not usually. If its a pulse width trouble, youd get problems in all files..at random spots based on speed, not just between entities I think..