save Mach3 on a CD

  • Robert Colin Campbell
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
      Art,

      I need some words of advice about downloading and copying a copy of Mach3 to
      a CD.

      On one of my computers I get a message about some extra data that cannot be
      copied.

      Currently I am working with a customer that is trying to install Mach3 from
      a CD that he created after downloading Mach3. The first thing that we
      noticed was that the Mach3 icon was not installed, just the Mach3 mill and
      the Mach3 turn icons.

      Inside the Mach3 folder there is a copy of the Mach3 icon. I had him copy
      the icon to the main Windows screen. When he clicked on the icon and
      selected the Soundlogic XML a message came up saying that a DLL was missing.

      I suggested that he should use a memory stick as that has always worked for
      me.

      Robert Colin Campbell
      Bob Campbell Designs
      www.Campbelldesigns.com
      Mach 2/3 breakout boards
      Relay boards
      Spindle Speed boards
      Stepper motors
      Plasma Torch Height control
    • art
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
        Bob:

        Cant understand why the information extra.. There is nothing extra. I think a memory stick may help, I suspect he's doing something funny.

        Ask him to copy the license file, the *.exe setup file and your xml file to the CD or flashstick, it shoudl install them all automatically then..

        Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
        Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
          did you copy the file from the cd to the machine before running the install

          JW

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
            John,

            Yes, I downloaded the file and put it on a CD.

          • John Waddington
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
              I guess what I ment was did you copy the cd to the destination machine or try to install right off the cd

              some programs try to expand right to the directory where the install program is located

              cd being read only

              this wont work

              Also putting files on a cd will make them read only and when you copy them back onto a harddrive sometimes they stay read only.

              J dub