Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: High speed probing.... Testers needed

  • art
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 12:51 PM
      Hi Terry:

      The sequencer will do things like "find center of hole" when it is done. This will just be a user (or ) predefined event sequence that will appear in the menus. The digitising, though related to the sequencer, will be for fast digitizing of 3d objects.
      "Jitterbug" as I call it , will use various selctable strategies to digitize a 3d object. For example,it could start in the top center of a model, and by jitterbugging in circles, and up or down , trace an object , first coarsely, to define a series of point 1" points gridded around the entrire object, Then break each 1" cube of cloud points into 1/2" areas, then break each 1/2 inch cloud area in to 1/4 inch..etc.. SO a 3d model, instead of having to be completely digitized, would be done very quickly, and the longer you let it digitize, the more detailed the model you get. One could simply interrupt it at any time in the process when their happy the model is "good enough".
      I can see a few strategies being possibel to improve various basic shapes of models to allow for a more intelligent probeing process. Thats what I refer to as jitterbugging, at times it may fly around in small circles, and other times make large linear moves between points, all depending on whats been found so far, as opposed to having to guess too much.. Thats the thrust of what we want to make, and we want to display the object in ever increasing detail as it is scanned. Hence all the toolpath work going on..

      Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
      Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 8:36 PM
        Art that sounds like a great idea for the 3d modeling. Keep up the
        good work. TP