Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: How can you inhibit motion on all axis until cycle start during a tool change

  • art
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi Vince:

      OEMCode 250 - 256 for buttons toggles the axis on or off.
      LED's 86 through 91 show if they are inhibited.

      SO a vb if statement like

      if GetOEMLed( 86 ) then
      DoButton( 250 )
      endif

      will turn on an inhibited x axis or

      if GetOEMLed( 86 ) = 0 then
      DoButton( 250 )
      endif

      will deactivate an x axis..

      Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
      Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2006
        WHY: I have a pneumatic/manual toolchanger that mechanically
        restrains motion on the Z axis. The operator flips a switch and it
        hold the Z and kicks out the tool. The Problem is that if they
        forget to switch it off it mechanically restrains the machine
        causing following errors etc.

        What I want to Do: I have wired a sensor into Input 1 that detects
        the mechanical restraint. I need to write a script that runs quietly
        in the background that monitors this input. If the sersor is active
        I need the Z axis to be inhibited and the spindle not to start. If
        the sensor is not active I need the Z axis and Spindle free to run.

        If it inhibited everything it would be fine, but at least the Z axis
        (OEMcode252) and the Spindle.

        What I have tried: I have tried to add code to my M6 command but I
        have been unseccussful. It generally just toggles the Z axis on and
        off with each M6.

        I am not a programmer so please excuse my ignorance. Any suggestions
        would be welcome.

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vince:
        >
        > OEMCode 250 - 256 for buttons toggles the axis on or off.
        > LED's 86 through 91 show if they are inhibited.
        >
        > SO a vb if statement like
        >
        > if GetOEMLed( 86 ) then
        > DoButton( 250 )
        > endif
        >
        > will turn on an inhibited x axis or
        >
        > if GetOEMLed( 86 ) = 0 then
        > DoButton( 250 )
        > endif
        >
        > will deactivate an x axis..

        > www.artofcnc.ca
        >
        > Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
        > Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

      • art
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 23, 2006
          Hi Vince:

          Hook the sensor to INPUT#1 , then select "program safety lockout" on the config/log screen.