Spindle speed overide and Program limits.

  • Olivier ADLER
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hi Art. Again two important requests before the lockdown, if
      possible :

      1) The most important one i've asked since a long time :

      As you know, on professional controls, we have feedrate overide as
      well as spindle speed overide.

      Feedrate overide is well implemented inside mach3, but spindle speed
      overide seems inexistant (or perhaps i missed it ?).

      Actually, using the + / - buttons for spindle speed control only
      modify the spindle speed.

      But most of the time there is one or more S word inside the program :
      the spindle speed for the finishing pass is generally higher.

      So what we need is a % modifier for the spindle speed, the same as
      for feedrate overide.

      This could certainly be simply done inside the spindlespeed macro,
      but it seems to me a standard function. So it would be certainly
      better to put it inside the core code and update the 1024 screen set
      according to it.

      2) Would it be possible to have a led and a button to toggle program
      limits DROs between absolute coordinate / or relative G92
      coordinates ?

      I've always found absolute coordinates unusefull for checking a
      program, because we don't have in mind the machine coordinate system.

      More, on most user machines, they don't have ref switches, so they
      don't care about machine positions, so absolute coordinates is for
      them something totaly confusing.

      Thanks for your listening,

      Olivier.
    • art