Fixture table protection

  • Olivier ADLER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 12:42 AM
      Hi Art. Would it be possible, before the lockdown, to add a protect (or
      read only) field in the fixture table ?

      This is because it is sometimes desirable to lock a fixture entry.

      For example, i'm using offset entry G59P253 for tool height
      referencing. This offset correspond to Z=0 when my reference tool is
      touching the top of the XY table.

      I'm calling this offset entry when i need to set a G43 offset for a new
      tool, so that i don't need to touch with my reference tool. (only
      possible if the machine has been refed).

      So it would be nice if we could lock those important entries, to avoid
      errors.

      I've found that most tool crashes are due to offset mistakes. So it's
      one of those small details who can help greatly to reduce tool breaking
      and table drilling.

      Thanks,

      Olivier.