Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Pics of New Console...

  • Peter Homann
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi Eirik,

      You should be able to use 2 of the analog inputs of the ModIO for an analog
      joystick.

      You would need to write a MacroPump to handle the inputs though.

      Cheers,

      Peter.

      Eirik Karlsen wrote:
      > Yes looks professional.
      >
      > Does Mach support (directly or indirectly) analog joysticks for jogging,
      > I imagine using the gameport for this.
      > Or should I go for 'bang - bang' sticks and one encoder wheel ?
      >

      > Terry Parker wrote:
      >
      >> Yee Doggies, That thing is cuter than a speckled puppy.
      >> Good Job Ron. (:-) Terry
      >
      > --
      > VISIT MY HOME PAGE:
      > <http://home.online.no/~eikarlse/index.htm>
      > LAST UPDATED: 23/08/2003
      >

      > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Web: www.homanndesigns.com
      email: homann@...
      Phone: +61 421 601 665
      www.homanndesigns.com/ModIO.html - Modbus Interface Unit
      www.homanndesigns.com/DigiSpeedDeal.html - DC Spindle control
      www.homanndesigns.com/TurboTaig.html - Taig Mill Upgrade board
    • Roy
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
        Looks great Ron:

        Can you give me a clue as to the feed override code and the ohms of
        your pot. also the jog buttons is their code needed to drive them
        I'm using the Modio as well. Great job

        thanks Roy

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "rogersmach" <rogersmach@...> wrote:

        > Here it is folks, Not thrilled about the color, wished I had more time
        > to go with a brushed stainless overlay or something, but it's
        > functional. All the I/O is very nice to have, used it a little bit
        > today and it reminds me of some OEM controls I ran in the past.
        >
        > http://www.rogersmachine.net/console.html
        >
        > I have a 60 second video of the mill engraving "Mach3" into a steel
        > plate that I will post somewhere that allows a 15Mb upload. Yahoo is
        > limited to 5Mb. One of the bad things about Yahoo.
        >
        > Ron
        >
        > P.S. "Romaxx" is what I will call a line of retrofit components if I
        > ever get time to produce any :-) (regular business has been very busy
        > and I'm not complaining)

      • Peter Homann
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi Roy,

          A potentiometer in the range of 5K to 10K is ideal. The value is not too
          important. If it is too hi, it may be susceptible to noise.

          The ModIO manual in the files area on the ModIO group shows the connection.

          As to the macro, I think Ron has it on his website. Alternatively, the Wiki
          has an example Macro.

          Cheers,

          Peter.

          Roy wrote:
          > Looks great Ron:
          >
          > Can you give me a clue as to the feed override code and the ohms of
          > your pot. also the jog buttons is their code needed to drive them
          > I'm using the Modio as well. Great job
          >
          > thanks Roy
          >
          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "rogersmach" <rogersmach@...> wrote:
          >> Here it is folks, Not thrilled about the color, wished I had more time
          >> to go with a brushed stainless overlay or something, but it's
          >> functional. All the I/O is very nice to have, used it a little bit
          >> today and it reminds me of some OEM controls I ran in the past.
          >>
          >> http://www.rogersmachine.net/console.html
          >>
          >> I have a 60 second video of the mill engraving "Mach3" into a steel
          >> plate that I will post somewhere that allows a 15Mb upload. Yahoo is
          >> limited to 5Mb. One of the bad things about Yahoo.
          >>
          >> Ron
          >>
          >> P.S. "Romaxx" is what I will call a line of retrofit components if I
          >> ever get time to produce any :-) (regular business has been very busy
          >> and I'm not complaining)
          >>

          > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Web: www.homanndesigns.com
          email: homann@...
          Phone: +61 421 601 665
          www.homanndesigns.com/ModIO.html - Modbus Interface Unit
          www.homanndesigns.com/DigiSpeedDeal.html - DC Spindle control
          www.homanndesigns.com/TurboTaig.html - Taig Mill Upgrade board
        • Olivier
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
            Hi Eirik.

            Analog joysticks (sub D 15 pin PC connector) are considered as legacy. They
            will certainly be dropped in the futur. They even have disapeared from the
            new screw designer.

            Alternatively, you can use USB joysticks with keygrabber. It makes a long
            time i didn't tried this but this should works.

            Keygrabber is a mach3 helper utility written by Les Newell, it is in the
            mach3 directory. It is possible to send proportional joysticks axis and game
            pad HID buttons to mach3 with it.

            This will only work reliabily with USB devices, not analog gameport ones.

            This is not as professional as using a MODIO or PLC for such controls, but
            is cost effective and gives quite interesting functions, like exponential
            curve, filtering for center position, and dual sensitivity.

            Last, i think that using the macropump with Modbus serial is not fast enough
            to get a good analog joystick feeling (we have only about 5 Hz refresh
            rate). This will be better when mach3 MODBUS will be rewritten for Ethernet
            TCP/IP support.

            Olivier.
          • art
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2, 2006
              Ron:

              Excellent. You really have done great work. I truly admire the amount of
              perserverance it takes to do such a thing..kudo's..

              Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
              Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
              > Here it is folks, Not thrilled about the color, wished I had more time
              > to go with a brushed stainless overlay or something, but it's
              > functional. All the I/O is very nice to have, used it a little bit
              > today and it reminds me of some OEM controls I ran in the past.
              >
              > http://www.rogersmachine.net/console.html
              >
              > I have a 60 second video of the mill engraving "Mach3" into a steel
              > plate that I will post somewhere that allows a 15Mb upload. Yahoo is
              > limited to 5Mb. One of the bad things about Yahoo.
              >
              > Ron
              >
              > P.S. "Romaxx" is what I will call a line of retrofit components if I
              > ever get time to produce any :-) (regular business has been very busy
              > and I'm not complaining)
              >

              > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • R Rogers
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2, 2006
                Art,

                Thanks for the nice compliments..

                Tried this with Modbus disabled and macropump turned off, restarted and still no motor tuning in version 1.90.014. Downloading .016 now and updating. I'll report back how it goes.

                I'll try motor tuning before and as I enable each and check it's state.

                Ron

                art <fenerty@...> wrote:
                Ron:

                Excellent. You really have done great work. I truly admire the amount of
                perserverance it takes to do such a thing..kudo's..

                Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
                Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
                > Here it is folks, Not thrilled about the color, wished I had more time
                > to go with a brushed stainless overlay or something, but it's
                > functional. All the I/O is very nice to have, used it a little bit
                > today and it reminds me of some OEM controls I ran in the past.
                >
                > http://www.rogersmachine.net/console.html
                >
                > I have a 60 second video of the mill engraving "Mach3" into a steel
                > plate that I will post somewhere that allows a 15Mb upload. Yahoo is
                > limited to 5Mb. One of the bad things about Yahoo.
                >
                > Ron
                >
                > P.S. "Romaxx" is what I will call a line of retrofit components if I
                > ever get time to produce any :-) (regular business has been very busy
                > and I'm not complaining)
                >

                > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

                Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Cnc controller Mach2 Machine controller

              • Satchid
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2, 2006
                  Art and others,

                  I loose steps when I press feedhold and start again, I can not see why, Is
                  there somewhere a setting or so that has to be set?

                  Also I can not get hold of the how to do a "run from here". Sometimes I have
                  to go forward in the G-code and resume a number of lines further. Almost
                  every time it starts cutting air or it starts cutting on an other place than
                  expected. Am I doing something wrong?
                  Is there somewhere an description of how to do it correct?

                  Art, I wish you a wonderful vacation, take a good rest. A man is not living
                  to work, but he is supposed to works to live.
                  Thank you for everything,

                  Willy
                • Satchid

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 2, 2006
                      Sent one email and it didn't seem to go through...

                      Art.

                      Updated to .016 and all is well, no trouble at all. Modbus support enabled, mocropump running, motor tuning works fine.

                      I must've corrupted something with all the trials during setup. Probably not running option explicit and a bad command.

                      Thanks, Ron

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2006
                        Hi Willy:

                        You shoudlnt lose anything when feedholding and then resuming with cycle
                        start. Have you tried lowering acceleration?? Does it start off too quickly
                        or anything??

                        For run from here, if you start further on, you may miss instrauctions that
                        are important to the flow, usually, before starting a "run from here" you
                        need to feedhold, then stop and rewind the file. Then do the run from here.
                        It generally needs to be in staopped condition before using that option, not
                        just in feedhold..