Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Version 1.83.042

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2006
      On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 10:53:34 -0400, you wrote:

      >6) IJ Arcs in Turn. I cannot find any errors here, the IJ inc and IJ abs
      >seem to work OK here, as always use caution and dry runs all your Lathe code
      >to ensure you get what you expect.. Turn will be getting a makeover this
      >year when I finally setup a lathe for testing.. The new importer is planned
      >to have Lathe profiling added to it as well for making small lathe projects
      >graphically. Hopefully it wont be too long..

      Hi Art - abs/inc arcs works as should on some files, but not all?

      There is another bug I noticed while trying lots of old files, those
      files containing old M6 T1 G43 H1 format are not roaring as they should,
      but run normally and pause for tool changes, only thing is offsets
      aren't applied.

      Could cause a nasty tool crash to the unwary.

      Thanks

      Steve Blackmore
      --
    • Steve Blackmore
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2006
        On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:17:39 +0000, you wrote:

        >There is another bug I noticed while trying lots of old files, those
        >files containing old M6 T1 G43 H1 format are not roaring as they should,
        ^^^^^^^^^

        Stupid spell chucker, should read "erroring" <G>

        >but run normally and pause for tool changes, only thing is offsets
        >aren't applied.

        Steve Blackmore
        --
      • John Meissner
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2006
          oh..THAT explains it....I was looking for a missing .wav file here
          that prevented me from hearing the ROAR! heh!...

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@p...>
          wrote:

          > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:17:39 +0000, you wrote:
          >

          > >There is another bug I noticed while trying lots of old files,
          those
          > >files containing old M6 T1 G43 H1 format are not roaring as they
          should,
          > ^^^^^^^^^
          >
          > Stupid spell chucker, should read "erroring" <G>
          >

          > >but run normally and pause for tool changes, only thing is offsets
          > >aren't applied.
          >

          > Steve Blackmore
          > --

        • art
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2006
            Steve:

            Ahh.. Yes that I can see. It came from me turning on the M6 functionallity
            just in case it might need to be used...

            And the T1 wont hook the tool properly I guess , it woudl be seen as a
            T0100 I think... I'll look into taking the T01 entry as a T0101 , that
            shoudl fix that possibility..

            Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
            Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
            > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:17:39 +0000, you wrote:
            >

            >>There is another bug I noticed while trying lots of old files, those
            >>files containing old M6 T1 G43 H1 format are not roaring as they should,
            > ^^^^^^^^^
            >
            > Stupid spell chucker, should read "erroring" <G>
            >

            >>but run normally and pause for tool changes, only thing is offsets
            >>aren't applied.
            >

            > Steve Blackmore
            > --
            >

            > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

          • afn09556
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 1, 2006
              Hi, Art and all Happy New Year !!!!!!

              Ver.042 fixed alot of the ZZZZ..... issue's I was haveing.
              I think there still some lurking around.

              This code below runs fine fwd. and rev. as long as you don't pause in
              the line n5 g02....
              It's ok if you continue fwd. even if you jog around.
              If you pause and Rev. Run it loses the Z value

              Another item. If you jog around with the mouse jog button's and the
              move pointer off the button before releasing it.
              IT will continue to jog until you go back and cilck eather of the axis
              (+ or-) buttons you were joging with.

              Also before ver.039 or so, I could use the arrow keys to jog after
              pausing.

              (chiptest2sn)
              n1 g00 x0 y0 z0
              n2 g00 x5 y5 z-2.5
              n3 g01 x10 y10 f100
              n4 g01 z-10 f100
              n5 g02 x10 y10 z-5 i11.0 j11.0 f100
              n6 g01 z0
              n7 g01 x0 y0 f100
              n8 m5
              n9 m30

              Thanks, Chip

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "John Meissner" <jmnotions@c...>
              wrote:

              > oh..THAT explains it....I was looking for a missing .wav file here
              > that prevented me from hearing the ROAR! heh!...
              >
              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@p...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:17:39 +0000, you wrote:
              > >

              > > >There is another bug I noticed while trying lots of old files,
              > those
              > > >files containing old M6 T1 G43 H1 format are not roaring as they
              > should,
              > > ^^^^^^^^^
              > >
              > > Stupid spell chucker, should read "erroring" <G>
              > >

              > > >but run normally and pause for tool changes, only thing is offsets
              > > >aren't applied.
              > >

              > > Steve Blackmore
              > > --

            • Steve Blackmore
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 1, 2006
                On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:13:21 -0000, you wrote:

                >oh..THAT explains it....I was looking for a missing .wav file here
                >that prevented me from hearing the ROAR! heh!...

                Computers, gotta luv 'em, NOT - I deal with the buggers every day :(

                I work (most days) in an old,1790's, haunted ex slaughter house/meat
                store building that has two floors, my office and workshop are upstairs.
                It also now has a flat roof after a fatal fire in the twenties ( two
                people died in the building).

                My favourite trick is if a customer brings in a really old computer
                that's beyond repair, I tell them I'm going to shock test it.

                I walk out of the fire escape, up onto the roof, and drop it onto the
                concrete about 30 feet below in front of them ;0

                Great for the soul, my ghosts find it amusing too - but that's another
                story ;)

                Ma - bring me the scatter gun! (If only ;)

                Steve Blackmore
                --
              • David Sohlstrom
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 1, 2006
                  Steve

                  You gotta set up a hidden video recorder so you can capture your customer
                  reactions and post them, so the rest of the world can enjoy the fun

                  > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:13:21 -0000, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >oh..THAT explains it....I was looking for a missing .wav file here
                  > >that prevented me from hearing the ROAR! heh!...
                  >
                  > Computers, gotta luv 'em, NOT - I deal with the buggers every day :(
                • Les Newell
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
                    LOL, do you get many customers come back afterwards?

                    Les

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
                      On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:29:16 +0000, you wrote:

                      >LOL, do you get many customers come back afterwards?

                      Surprisingly, yes.

                      I always make sure they are aware it's scrap and they have agreed to buy
                      a new one off me first though :)

                      Best one I ever seen was by a good friend H who owns a bar. One of his
                      regular customers complained his watch was broken and it looked like
                      he'd have to buy another. H says he can probably get it working again,
                      customer hands over watch and H carefully wraps it in a clean bar towel,
                      then quickly whips a baseball bat from under the bar and whacks it real
                      hard, opens the towel, looks at the shattered watch and says "Sorry Pal,
                      it's ****ed!" and hands it back!

                      Damned near wet myself laughing <G>.

                      Steve Blackmore
                      --
                    • Dave
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
                        Wow, and I thought that I had worked in some pretty strange places!

                        Ghosts - well at least you are never alone... (;->)

                        Dave

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
                          On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:06:00 -0500, you wrote:

                          >Wow, and I thought that I had worked in some pretty strange places!
                          >
                          >Ghosts - well at least you are never alone... (;->)

                          True - we hear footsteps in the upstairs workshop pretty regularly, like
                          somebody walking on the quarry tile floor, but it's all carpeted over.

                          The guy who worked there before me absolutely refused to use the
                          downstairs toilet, he said somebody pushed him as he was going in one
                          time, and the PIR down in the corridor there keeps setting off the
                          security camera, never anybody there though or anything showing on the
                          video. We changed it thinking it was faulty, and also moved it in case
                          light/heat was setting it off, but it still happens.

                          Not a pleasant building to work in late at night on your own!

                          Steve Blackmore
                          --
                        • Jeff Goldberg
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
                            While I haven't run into any ghosts, I'm plagued by a "pet" gremlin. He
                            changes wiring around on my tool when I'm not looking, hides my hand tools
                            and then weeks later puts them back where they disappeared from - stuff like
                            that :-)

                            Nothing seriously destructive, just a PITA

                            Jeff