Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Taig mill Mach3

  • Dave Hylands
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi John,

      > The second problem was getting the steppers to move in metric. It has an
      > imperial thread and I work exclusively in Metric. I clamped a digital
      > vernier on the mill table so I could check the accuracy of the imperial
      > to metric conversion. I did get a very small error and it was not linear
      > so suspect it is an error in the vernier! However for my purposes it was
      > fine. Tuning the motors was easy.

      Could the error be caused by backlash?

      --
      Dave Hylands
      Vancouver, BC, Canada
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
        I have loaded patch V9 and this seems to have cured the problems !
        Thanx to all who helped on this

        Aaron

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
          Hi Dave

          No I was very careful to make sure I ran the axis past and returned it
          in the direction I was going to measure. I do have some backlash as I
          guess all these Taig mills have, a shame they dont have ball screws

          John.

          In message
          <c32efac40601011158w11735aadif9c37e41bfc1c986@...>, Dave
          Hylands <dhylands@...> writes