Re: G41 , G42

  • nattyone960
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "gerald_dorrington"
      <gdpost@g...> wrote:

      > > .... little trick ...... AutoCad ..... Polyline Edit
      >
      > Can also use BOUNDARY in AutoCad, for drawing a new closed polyline
      > over individual line segments. (It is very closely related to the
      HATCH
      > command)
      >
      > Gerald

      Glad to know that I am doing something right.
      I use Corel-AutoCad-Mach3 in that order along with PEdit, Boundary
      and the Layering Command.

      I first tried the Myers CNC Macro, which worked better in the
      explanation of how to offset than in converting to G-Code suitable
      for Mach3.

      When I used Myers to convert I still had to do a little cleaning up.
    • jorge Attwell
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 3, 2005
        Hi Rich:

        I thoght the same, but draw it again, using the curve line type of autocad,
        using only 4 points to define the curve, and the little circles ( loops )
        appeared between the first and second point. The file was saved as R12
        version and also as 2004 one.
        Seems to be a problem when adding the G41 or G42 instruction .
        There is no problen if just follow the path, but I want to cut outside the
        drawing line !

        2005/12/1, Rich Crook <richcrook9418@...>:

        > At 02:32 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
        > >Hi all:
        > >
        > >The little loops are the toolpath, and shown on screen too, using either
        > G41
        > >or G42 for the same drawing.
        > >I use the Mach3 ( 023 ) to generate the Gcode.
        > >May be at a corner or on the side of a rectangle.
        > >I´m using a dxf R12 file to generate the gcode, from a downloaded formers
        > >and airfoils file ( model airplane plan).
        > >And the cut looks like this _______o________o______ or very similar.
        > >Can this be a dxf version problem????
        >
        > I'm wondering if the line is a single entity, or
        > if it is several separate segments, with slight overlaps on the ends...
        > If the ends overlapped, the tool would try
        > to"double back" from the end of one to the
        > beginning of the next, resulting in a tiny loop in an otherwise straight
        > line.
        >
        > To quote Quasimodo, "It's just a hunch."
        >

        > = Rich =

        > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

      • art
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 3, 2005
          Jorge:

          When importing, try adjusting the connection tolerance, perhaps it sees a
          space between the lines..

          Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
          Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
          I thoght the same, but draw it again, using the curve line type of autocad,
          using only 4 points to define the curve, and the little circles ( loops )
          appeared between the first and second point. The file was saved as R12
          version and also as 2004 one.
          Seems to be a problem when adding the G41 or G42 instruction .
          There is no problen if just follow the path, but I want to cut outside the
          drawing line !

          2005/12/1, Rich Crook <richcrook9418@...>:

          > At 02:32 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
          > >Hi all:
          > >
          > >The little loops are the toolpath, and shown on screen too, using either
          > G41
          > >or G42 for the same drawing.
          > >I use the Mach3 ( 023 ) to generate the Gcode.
          > >May be at a corner or on the side of a rectangle.
          > >I´m using a dxf R12 file to generate the gcode, from a downloaded formers
          > >and airfoils file ( model airplane plan).
          > >And the cut looks like this _______o________o______ or very similar.
          > >Can this be a dxf version problem????
          >
          > I'm wondering if the line is a single entity, or
          > if it is several separate segments, with slight overlaps on the ends...
          > If the ends overlapped, the tool would try
          > to"double back" from the end of one to the
          > beginning of the next, resulting in a tiny loop in an otherwise straight
          > line.
          >
          > To quote Quasimodo, "It's just a hunch."
          >

          > = Rich =

          > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

          www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • jorge Attwell
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 4, 2005
            Hi Art:

            I´ve been playing with the tolerance. But ... and also downloaded and
            reinstalled the software again.
            Seems to be a problem with several drawings from the same plan page.
            If I make a new layer and re-draw the shape ( airfoil and formers ) using
            lines, arcs, splines, etc ...it worked ok.at least with the 3 tests till
            now.

            I suppose the is some hidden info in the dxf file that is making the
            toolpath to jump backwards at several points ( but i can´t find them)
            Thanks for your help.
            BTW, also tried offsetting one of the new drawings using the Acad offset
            and it´s ok too.
            Thanks again Jorge.

            2005/12/3, art <fenerty@...>:

            > Jorge:
            >
            > When importing, try adjusting the connection tolerance, perhaps it sees
            > space between the lines..

            > www.artofcnc.ca
            >
            > Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
            > Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

          • notoneleft
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 4, 2005
              Can you upload the offending .dxf to the files area, as well as the g-
              code?

              Gerry

              > Hi Art:
              >
              > I´ve been playing with the tolerance. But ... and also downloaded
              and
              > reinstalled the software again.
              > Seems to be a problem with several drawings from the same plan page.
              > If I make a new layer and re-draw the shape ( airfoil and formers )
              using
              > lines, arcs, splines, etc ...it worked ok.at least with the 3 tests
              till
              > now.
              >
              > I suppose the is some hidden info in the dxf file that is making the
              > toolpath to jump backwards at several points ( but i can´t find
              them)
              > Thanks for your help.
              > BTW, also tried offsetting one of the new drawings using the Acad
              offset
              > and it´s ok too.
              > Thanks again Jorge.
              >

              > 2005/12/3, art <fenerty@a...>:
              > >
              > > Jorge:
              > >
              > > When importing, try adjusting the connection tolerance, perhaps
              it sees
              > > space between the lines..
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Art
              > > www.artofcnc.ca
              > >
              > > Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
              > > Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
              of

              > > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

              t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Cnc+con
              troller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=cBft-
              fsVfkIutJXEr21PAg> Hobby
              > > and craft supply<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply
              &w3=Cnc+controller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=AeiMF
              bnYxCA9lS62UwM4nA> Cnc
              > > controller<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Cnc+controller&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Cnc+
              controller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=BNvIHBCbQxm5p
              eO5XjUsUA>
              > > Mach2<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Mach2&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Cnc+controlle
              r&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=JTe_zZdXxJwMndrD0NMpUA
              > Machine
              > > controller<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Machine+controller&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=
              Cnc+controller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=y-
              LUrHzNJPAOhrE-lTFMAA>

            • art
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 4, 2005
                Jorge:

                I cant see it being the DXF after the GCode is generated it shoudl act the
                same each time its run. Send me the code and Ill see what I can see..