Re: [mach1mach2cnc] G41 , G42

  • Rich Crook
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 1, 2005
      At 02:32 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
      >Hi all:
      >
      >The little loops are the toolpath, and shown on screen too, using either G41
      >or G42 for the same drawing.
      >I use the Mach3 ( 023 ) to generate the Gcode.
      >May be at a corner or on the side of a rectangle.
      >I´m using a dxf R12 file to generate the gcode, from a downloaded formers
      >and airfoils file ( model airplane plan).
      >And the cut looks like this _______o________o______ or very similar.
      >Can this be a dxf version problem????

      I'm wondering if the line is a single entity, or
      if it is several separate segments, with slight overlaps on the ends...
      If the ends overlapped, the tool would try
      to"double back" from the end of one to the
      beginning of the next, resulting in a tiny loop in an otherwise straight line.

      To quote Quasimodo, "It's just a hunch."

      = Rich =

    • nattyone960
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 1, 2005
        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "gerald_dorrington"
        <gdpost@g...> wrote:

        > > .... little trick ...... AutoCad ..... Polyline Edit
        >
        > Can also use BOUNDARY in AutoCad, for drawing a new closed polyline
        > over individual line segments. (It is very closely related to the
        HATCH
        > command)
        >
        > Gerald

        Glad to know that I am doing something right.
        I use Corel-AutoCad-Mach3 in that order along with PEdit, Boundary
        and the Layering Command.

        I first tried the Myers CNC Macro, which worked better in the
        explanation of how to offset than in converting to G-Code suitable
        for Mach3.

        When I used Myers to convert I still had to do a little cleaning up.
      • jorge Attwell
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 3, 2005
          Hi Rich:

          I thoght the same, but draw it again, using the curve line type of autocad,
          using only 4 points to define the curve, and the little circles ( loops )
          appeared between the first and second point. The file was saved as R12
          version and also as 2004 one.
          Seems to be a problem when adding the G41 or G42 instruction .
          There is no problen if just follow the path, but I want to cut outside the
          drawing line !

          2005/12/1, Rich Crook <richcrook9418@...>:

          > At 02:32 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
          > >Hi all:
          > >
          > >The little loops are the toolpath, and shown on screen too, using either
          > G41
          > >or G42 for the same drawing.
          > >I use the Mach3 ( 023 ) to generate the Gcode.
          > >May be at a corner or on the side of a rectangle.
          > >I´m using a dxf R12 file to generate the gcode, from a downloaded formers
          > >and airfoils file ( model airplane plan).
          > >And the cut looks like this _______o________o______ or very similar.
          > >Can this be a dxf version problem????
          >
          > I'm wondering if the line is a single entity, or
          > if it is several separate segments, with slight overlaps on the ends...
          > If the ends overlapped, the tool would try
          > to"double back" from the end of one to the
          > beginning of the next, resulting in a tiny loop in an otherwise straight
          > line.
          >
          > To quote Quasimodo, "It's just a hunch."
          >

          > = Rich =

          > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

        • art
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 3, 2005
            Jorge:

            When importing, try adjusting the connection tolerance, perhaps it sees a
            space between the lines..

            Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
            Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport
            I thoght the same, but draw it again, using the curve line type of autocad,
            using only 4 points to define the curve, and the little circles ( loops )
            appeared between the first and second point. The file was saved as R12
            version and also as 2004 one.
            Seems to be a problem when adding the G41 or G42 instruction .
            There is no problen if just follow the path, but I want to cut outside the
            drawing line !

            2005/12/1, Rich Crook <richcrook9418@...>:

            > At 02:32 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
            > >Hi all:
            > >
            > >The little loops are the toolpath, and shown on screen too, using either
            > G41
            > >or G42 for the same drawing.
            > >I use the Mach3 ( 023 ) to generate the Gcode.
            > >May be at a corner or on the side of a rectangle.
            > >I´m using a dxf R12 file to generate the gcode, from a downloaded formers
            > >and airfoils file ( model airplane plan).
            > >And the cut looks like this _______o________o______ or very similar.
            > >Can this be a dxf version problem????
            >
            > I'm wondering if the line is a single entity, or
            > if it is several separate segments, with slight overlaps on the ends...
            > If the ends overlapped, the tool would try
            > to"double back" from the end of one to the
            > beginning of the next, resulting in a tiny loop in an otherwise straight
            > line.
            >
            > To quote Quasimodo, "It's just a hunch."
            >

            > = Rich =

            > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

            www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • jorge Attwell
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 4, 2005
              Hi Art:

              I´ve been playing with the tolerance. But ... and also downloaded and
              reinstalled the software again.
              Seems to be a problem with several drawings from the same plan page.
              If I make a new layer and re-draw the shape ( airfoil and formers ) using
              lines, arcs, splines, etc ...it worked ok.at least with the 3 tests till
              now.

              I suppose the is some hidden info in the dxf file that is making the
              toolpath to jump backwards at several points ( but i can´t find them)
              Thanks for your help.
              BTW, also tried offsetting one of the new drawings using the Acad offset
              and it´s ok too.
              Thanks again Jorge.

              2005/12/3, art <fenerty@...>:

              > Jorge:
              >
              > When importing, try adjusting the connection tolerance, perhaps it sees
              > space between the lines..

              > www.artofcnc.ca
              >
              > Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
              > Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

            • notoneleft
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 4, 2005
                Can you upload the offending .dxf to the files area, as well as the g-
                code?

                Gerry

                > Hi Art:
                >
                > I´ve been playing with the tolerance. But ... and also downloaded
                and
                > reinstalled the software again.
                > Seems to be a problem with several drawings from the same plan page.
                > If I make a new layer and re-draw the shape ( airfoil and formers )
                using
                > lines, arcs, splines, etc ...it worked ok.at least with the 3 tests
                till
                > now.
                >
                > I suppose the is some hidden info in the dxf file that is making the
                > toolpath to jump backwards at several points ( but i can´t find
                them)
                > Thanks for your help.
                > BTW, also tried offsetting one of the new drawings using the Acad
                offset
                > and it´s ok too.
                > Thanks again Jorge.
                >

                > 2005/12/3, art <fenerty@a...>:
                > >
                > > Jorge:
                > >
                > > When importing, try adjusting the connection tolerance, perhaps
                it sees
                > > space between the lines..
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Art
                > > www.artofcnc.ca
                > >
                > > Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
                > > Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

                subject=Unsubscribe>

                > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                of

                > > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >

                > > www.machsupport.com - Web site Access

                t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Cnc+con
                troller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=cBft-
                fsVfkIutJXEr21PAg> Hobby
                > > and craft supply<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply
                &w3=Cnc+controller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=AeiMF
                bnYxCA9lS62UwM4nA> Cnc
                > > controller<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Cnc+controller&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Cnc+
                controller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=BNvIHBCbQxm5p
                eO5XjUsUA>
                > > Mach2<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Mach2&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Cnc+controlle
                r&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=JTe_zZdXxJwMndrD0NMpUA
                > Machine
                > > controller<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Machine+controller&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=
                Cnc+controller&w4=Mach2&w5=Machine+controller&c=5&s=100&.sig=y-
                LUrHzNJPAOhrE-lTFMAA>

              • art
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 4, 2005
                  Jorge:

                  I cant see it being the DXF after the GCode is generated it shoudl act the
                  same each time its run. Send me the code and Ill see what I can see..