Re: Parker Hannifin CD20 drives with Mach3

  • corey94945
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
      Les,
      thank you very much for your help. I'm heading to Radio Shack over
      lunch, if they don't have it I'll get it from one of the mail-order
      places. I can't wait to have this mill perform its first wiggle.

      cheers,

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Les Newell <lesnewell@h...> wrote:

      > In that case you need to find some way of buffering the signals. A
      > ULN2003 is easy to use. Get the data sheet from here
      > <http://www.jaycar.com.au/images_uploaded/ULN2003.PDF> to see what I am
      > talking about (usual warning - you may have to cut and paste the link).
    • art
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hi c:

        > move. I know they are live because if I disconnect the step and
        > direction wires to the controller with everything powered up, the
        > motors chatter. But, Mach cannot make the motors move. The manual
        > for the controllers says that they expect a "low-going transition" for
        > step and direction signals. It also says that "the input should
        > remain low for not less than 5us and not more than 30us" Max step
        > rate is 50kHz in half-step mode which is how they are jumpered.

        If the motors chatter when the step/dir lines are disconnected, the I
        suspect one thing,
        either they are 12 volt (or 24Volt) inputs (many parker's are). Youd need to
        make a 24 volt level shifter to run them. (I dumped a few parkers years ago
        due to poor performance due to this issue..)

        Regards,