Post Proccessing from MasterCAM

  • dannyboysd
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      What is the best post to use from the MasterCAM? I have tried MPFAN
      and it did not work perfectly as only half or some of the toolpaths
      were displayed and a quantity of large circles were on the toolpaths.
      Please let me know what works best.

      Thanks,
      Dan Brinkman
    • japrenticeuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "dannyboysd" <dan.brinkman@m...>
        wrote:

        > What is the best post to use from the MasterCAM? I have tried MPFAN
        > and it did not work perfectly as only half or some of the toolpaths
        > were displayed and a quantity of large circles were on the toolpaths.
        > Please let me know what works best.

        Dan

        This sounds like the arc IJ Mode being wrong. Change the IJ mode on
        Config>State to match your postprocessor.

        John Prentice
      • art
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
          Dan:

          If you get large circles, change the setting of the IJ mode in
          config/state. That may fix it.

          Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
          Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport