Re: API P315 specs

  • gwtech_yh
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Brad,

      I aslo bought 3 API P315 drives on ebay long time ago without any
      user manual and I am planning to use these drive on my milldrill
      convertion. I need the information on how to set the internal DIP
      switches for current and micro step selection. If I remember
      correctly there is a place inside where you can select the right
      winding tap on the transformer to match the stepper motor used. I'll
      be really appreciated if you will scan or take photos of these pages
      in your manual and post them in the group file area or email direct
      to me.

      Thanks in Advance,

      Kenneth

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Eyben" <abeyben@t...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Carl,
      > I use API P315X drives on my router. The difference would be that
      mine have an indexer attached which I had to "unattach". They've been
      good drives for my NEMA42 motors and it's nice to have the built in
      power supplies, I have a manual for them. What do you need?
      > PS do you have any extra drives, I'm keeping my eyes open for a
      spare.
      > Brad

    • Brad Eyben
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
        I've scanned the pages applicable to the non index version from my manual but there is still 26 pages. Email me directly and let me know what address to send them to, high speed? I think they're about 650k all together, not too bad.
        One thing, if the drives are as old as mine...I'm having some trouble with one of them missing steps badly until it's been powered on for several hours. I'm guessing it must be a bad capacitor. Someday I'm going to have to look into that...you might expect the same trouble.