Re: go to Z

  • robin_dempster
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "tppjr" <tppjr@c...> wrote:
      > Is there a way to set the order that the machine uses for the "go to
      Z"
      > command? I would rather Z move up first so that the table does not
      crash
      > into it if it is low.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Thomas

      Not really an answer to your question but its a workaround that I have
      done. I have assingned a button to move Z10, I always press this first
      then GoToZ. That way I know that my Z will be safe and will go X0 Y0
      then finally Z0.

      Hood
    • art
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1 5:48 AM
        Hi Thomas:

        There is. If, in the config, you select Use_SafeZ, then the SafeZ dro will
        specity where the Z must move to fist, but the DRO is in MAchine coordinates
        if you have home switches and are homes, or in work coordinates otherwise.
        So how to do it depends on your system, Try entering 5 for example in the
        SafeZ DRO on the settings tab, then enable safe_z in the config/state. Now ,
        when you command a gotoZ's, the Z will raise to 5 first, if it is lower, if
        already higher, it will not move..

        > Is there a way to set the order that the machine uses for the "go to Z"
        > command? I would rather Z move up first so that the table does not crash
        > into it if it is low.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Thomas
      • tppjr
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15 9:35 AM
          Art,

          Finally got it put in and works great. Thanks for the help.