Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Version 8.72 online.

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
      On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 05:52:03 +0000, you wrote:

      >I am evaluating the Dolphin software. They converted two of my files to code for me to test.

      Converted from what - was it DXF?

      >Both files returned the error:
      >
      >Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on Line number #39
      >
      >Changing the IJ mode to incremental removed the error from one file but not the other.
      >
      >What is this error and what can I do to correct for it?

      It probably means that one of the points is not on the arc. Also check
      the Abs/Inc settings again, they may have not altered or may need
      altering back again. I have seen files with mixed ABS & INC arcs :(

      When you zoom into the drawing you can usually see a problem where lines
      don't join up properly.

      Post the two lines previous and the line in question in your reply.

      Also see the message entitled

      Subject: RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Newbie Help!! Mach2/3-Bobcad Problems

      From: "Michael Milligan" <zen11777@...>
      Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:45:41 +0100

      Michael from Dolphin explained how to check it.

      Steve Blackmore
      --

      This e-mail was scanned for viruses using BitDefender
    • art
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
        Hi Dan:

        The error means the program saw an illegal move. Correcting the IJ mode on
        the first file
        is what fixed that one, but the second file may be using assumptions on tool
        bit diamter
        or something. Can you send me the file and I'll take a look. You may want to
        ask Dolphin, they probably have a quicker answer as to what is wrong with
        that line, but I can check it for you as well..

        > I am evaluating the Dolphin software. They converted two of my files to
        > code for me to test.
        >
        > Both files returned the error:
        >
        > Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on Line number #39
        >
        > Changing the IJ mode to incremental removed the error from one file but
        > not the other.
        >
        > What is this error and what can I do to correct for it?
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Dan

        > Hi All;
        >
        > Version 8.72 is online which takes into account all the bug repairs this
        > week, and most importantly the A axis rotational bug fix. This also fixed
        > G92 errors which you may have had occuring, as well as DRO's changing when
        > you open the fixture dialog. LEt me know how you find it, or if any
        > errors
        > occur. Particularly if you use a rotation table..

        > www.artofcnc.ca
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • art
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
          Steve:

          >>I have seen files with mixed ABS & INC arcs :(

          Really..? Good god, that woudl be hard for a beginner to find. Glad I put
          in the inc,abs switching codes.
          I will add the ABS code to the DXF output today...