Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Version 8.72 online.

  • djtriplett@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2005
      Art,

      I am evaluating the Dolphin software. They converted two of my files to code for me to test.

      Both files returned the error:

      Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on Line number #39

      Changing the IJ mode to incremental removed the error from one file but not the other.

      What is this error and what can I do to correct for it?

      Thank you,

      Dan

      Hi All;

      Version 8.72 is online which takes into account all the bug repairs this
      week, and most importantly the A axis rotational bug fix. This also fixed
      G92 errors which you may have had occuring, as well as DRO's changing when
      you open the fixture dialog. LEt me know how you find it, or if any errors
      occur. Particularly if you use a rotation table..

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • Steve Blackmore
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
        On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 05:52:03 +0000, you wrote:

        >I am evaluating the Dolphin software. They converted two of my files to code for me to test.

        Converted from what - was it DXF?

        >Both files returned the error:
        >
        >Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on Line number #39
        >
        >Changing the IJ mode to incremental removed the error from one file but not the other.
        >
        >What is this error and what can I do to correct for it?

        It probably means that one of the points is not on the arc. Also check
        the Abs/Inc settings again, they may have not altered or may need
        altering back again. I have seen files with mixed ABS & INC arcs :(

        When you zoom into the drawing you can usually see a problem where lines
        don't join up properly.

        Post the two lines previous and the line in question in your reply.

        Also see the message entitled

        Subject: RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Newbie Help!! Mach2/3-Bobcad Problems

        From: "Michael Milligan" <zen11777@...>
        Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:45:41 +0100

        Michael from Dolphin explained how to check it.

        Steve Blackmore
        --

        This e-mail was scanned for viruses using BitDefender
      • art
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
          Hi Dan:

          The error means the program saw an illegal move. Correcting the IJ mode on
          the first file
          is what fixed that one, but the second file may be using assumptions on tool
          bit diamter
          or something. Can you send me the file and I'll take a look. You may want to
          ask Dolphin, they probably have a quicker answer as to what is wrong with
          that line, but I can check it for you as well..

          > I am evaluating the Dolphin software. They converted two of my files to
          > code for me to test.
          >
          > Both files returned the error:
          >
          > Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on Line number #39
          >
          > Changing the IJ mode to incremental removed the error from one file but
          > not the other.
          >
          > What is this error and what can I do to correct for it?
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Dan

          > Hi All;
          >
          > Version 8.72 is online which takes into account all the bug repairs this
          > week, and most importantly the A axis rotational bug fix. This also fixed
          > G92 errors which you may have had occuring, as well as DRO's changing when
          > you open the fixture dialog. LEt me know how you find it, or if any
          > errors
          > occur. Particularly if you use a rotation table..

          > www.artofcnc.ca
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • art
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
            Steve:

            >>I have seen files with mixed ABS & INC arcs :(

            Really..? Good god, that woudl be hard for a beginner to find. Glad I put
            in the inc,abs switching codes.
            I will add the ABS code to the DXF output today...