cnc conversion

  • Bob Campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hello all:

      I was wondering if anyone in the group has converted
      this mini Harbor Freight Mill to CNC (this is their
      smallest mini mill). I'm looking to mill wax only.
      Here's the link to this $249 mill (they have it on
      sale in some of their stores)
      http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47158

      Thanks for your feedback
      Bob Campbell
      www.toysewingmachine.com

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Messenger
    • art
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
        HI Bob:

        I have heard from people that have cnc'ed a minimill. I havent heard how
        they worked out. Does look like a nice priced machine for wax milling. I
        love this machine wax the way it holds resolution. Just cutting another head
        in it now.. At .1mm's per stepover, it doesn't leave a mark on the wax, just
        a nice smooth surface and the motor is dead silent, makes for a nice milling
        session....

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
            ....here is a link to Anoel's pictorial of his conversion
            http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6395

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
              ... And here's the Yahoo's group for this...

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "John Meissner"

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
                I have converted their $500 mill successfully.It does require an air spring
                to offset the weight of the head however.