Re: G76 threading

  • japrenticeuk
    Message 1 of 150 , Feb 1 2:09 AM
      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@p...>
      wrote:
      <snip>
      .... But if you use full profile ISO tips, no tool angle
      > setting is necessary - it's built into the insert <G>.

      Steve

      I don't think that can be right. A 1.5 pitch ISO full form insert
      can cut its thread on a 10mm or a 70 mm bar but the helix is
      different. Seco certainly list a range of 4 anvils for this tip over
      that range of diameters

      Best wishes

      John Prentice
    • Steve Blackmore
      Message 150 of 150 , Feb 1 2:56 PM
        On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:07:02 -0000, you wrote:

        >An anvil 1 does certainly cover most of the diameters but the helix
        >data might still be useful in the Wizard.

        Hi John - not a problem to include it -as long as we don't confuse
        people even more <G>

        I'll have a look for the part numbers for the "anvil-less" holders I use
        (one less part to loose ;) and let you know. I'm pretty sure they are
        Kennametal ones.

        Steve Blackmore
        --

        This e-mail was scanned for viruses using BitDefender