CV rate?

  • ray_jorgensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
      I've gotten Rab's software and he has been helping me with a couple
      of projects.. Before my question, if you haven't checked out his
      software for profiling, lathe, etc. work do so, I have been having
      very good results!!!!! Best of all is the cost, free, it's in the
      beta stage. Do be prepaired for a learning curve, but I feel worth
      the effort.

      http://www.rainnea.com/cnc.htm

      My latest project I'm having some problems and Rab said to turn CV
      off. I found it in the setting page. It was grey (I assume off)
      the angular limit CV is set to 180. I'm going to turn this on and
      try the pattern again. I'm curius as to what all this means and how
      it impacts performance. I'm cutting curved pockets in round stock.
      The work is being done with the XAZ axis.

      It's 2:30 in the morning in Scotland and I assume Rab isn't up.
      Thought maybe there would be someone out there who could shed some
      light yet tonight, 8:25 my time. Other wise, I'll send him a note
      with my question in the morning.

      Thanks
    • art
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
        Hi Ray:

        Yes, Rab is a true multi-dimension genius. Together we came up with the
        rotational algorithm for feed
        control together a few years back now and he's a pleasure to work with.
        . The reason he would suggest exact stop is that CV mode will round corners
        a bit.
        CV operates by starting to accelerate the next move when the previous one
        starts the decelerate, this means a corner will be rounded by the amount of
        deceleration involved. To Turn CV off, you use the config/state dialog,
        there is a selection for CV or exact stop.

        > I've gotten Rab's software and he has been helping me with a couple
        > of projects.. Before my question, if you haven't checked out his
        > software for profiling, lathe, etc. work do so, I have been having

      • Ray Jorgensen