Motor Tuning

  • plowboy692002
    Message 1 of 54 , Jan 27, 2005
      I've got a stock Taig CNC mill with their controller and I'm trying out Mach2 after using
      TurboCNC for quite a while. I'm running into an intermitant motor slippage problem on
      the Y axis. It appears to only hapen during rapids and when it does, the motor just stops
      untill part way through the rampdown. This doesn't happen at all in jog. X and Z seem to
      be holding up ok so far. I've adjusted the max speed and acceleration down several times
      without much improvement. The slippage happens at various points and the table moves
      smoothly by hand so I don't think it's a mechanical problem. I did not experience this
      problem with TurboCNC but I don't think it was running quite as fast.

      I tried the search function here but it doesn't seem to work well in this group. Maybe due
      to the high message traffic ? In any case I was wondering if anybody has compiled a list of
      "typical" tuning values for various machines or configurations ?
    • Chris
      Message 54 of 54 , Aug 2, 2014

        Excellent advise