Re: Silly question

  • tjndesigns
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      Rod,

      If you don't find the program (eg. qtask.exe), you might try using a
      utility that shuts down non-essential background programs. I've used
      one called "end it now" when I'm capturing digital video editing. It
      cleared up similar problems with that operation. The one catch is
      that I can't seem to find the link for the program anymore. You
      might try finding it yourself, or else if you're still having
      problems, you can email me at tjndesigns@... and I can try again
      to find it, or perhaps look for the source installation file and get
      that to you. Disclaimer...I haven't actually tried it with Mach2
      yet, but I don't see that it will be a problem.

      Terry N

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Rod:
      >
      > Check to make sure Quicktime isn't running. Check for a process
      called
      > qtask.exe, thats usualkly what slows it down that way. Its a
      result of some
      > other program calling a multi-media timer recalibration. It shoudl
      be
      > specific only to a single application that can do that...

      > www.artofcnc.ca

      Autosketch

    • tjndesigns
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
        Rod,

        I got an email from a fellow group member who found the "end it all"
        (aka: end it now) program link I was looking for. You can find it at
        PC Magazine (link below). I think you have to register and/or pay a
        small fee to download it.

        Thanks to Bill for the help!
        Terry
      • robin_dempster
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "tjndesigns" <tjndesigns@y...>
          wrote:

          > Rod,
          >
          > I got an email from a fellow group member who found the "end it all"
          > (aka: end it now) program link I was looking for. You can find it at
          > PC Magazine (link below). I think you have to register and/or pay a
          > small fee to download it.

          > Thanks to Bill for the help!
          > Terry

          You still get it free here