MAXNC 10 OL, any success story?

  • fixup77
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 31, 2004
      I spent two days to setup the pins etc., in MACH2 and MACH3, but no
      success. I know there are two MAXCL XML files around, but they cannot
      be used by MACH3, and MACH2 cannot do MAXNC 10 OL.

      MACH2: it can crack the axes and control the spindle, but all axes
      never actually move. I gues this is because MACH2 does not output
      WAVE.

      MACH3: it cannot control the spindle and the spindle is always on! X
      and Z moves together when I jog X; Y cracks but does not move when I
      jog it; Y moves when I jog Z. Did I set the pins correctly:

      X - 2,3, Y - 4,5, Z - 6,7?

      Why drop the Master5? If it worked, at least we MAXNC 10 users have
      something to use before MACH3 actually works.

      Thanks,
      Xin
    • art
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi Xin:

        In Mach3 you should only have to check the "MaxNC" box in the ports&Pins
        setup. You don't need to set the pinouts of the motors after that. In fact,
        you shoudl leave them all set to zero in the pinouts. If the spindle runs
        all the time, you need only to uncheck or check the low active on the
        spindle control pinout (which ever pin is controlling it..). Mach3 does
        output Wave, as well as quadrature for the MaxCL drives.
        I have confirmation for other MaxNC10 users that Mach3 drives theri
        machines, so its a matter of experimenting to find out whats wrong.

        Do not set up motor control pins in MAch3 for the Max though, only check
        the Max box, that will take care of the motors. I would uncheck all output
        signals , only check the x,y, and Z axis on the ports&Pins as well as the
        MaxNC10 box. Then try runnign your motors. If the motors run but the spindle
        is one, then turn on OutPut#1 signal, and start changing its pin and low
        active setting until you find the pin that starting the spindle. It will
        shut off when you get it set to the right pin and polarity...

        Master5 was removed because it is unsupported and I couldn't spare the
        time for the questions on its use. Since MAch3 can drive a MaxNC, Master5
        for XP was no longer required..

        Good luck,
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 1, 2005
          Hi Art,

          Thank you!

          I followed your instructions, but X,Y,Z and spindle are still all
          wrong. It is still like this:

          X and Z move together when I jog X;
          Spindle turn on or off when I jog Y;
          Y moves when I jog Z.

          I highly think something wrong in the latest version of MACH3 I just
          downloaded. If someone made MAXNC 10 OL work, it must have been an
          earlier version. Please check it.

          Thanks again and happy new year!

          Xin

        • John Stevenson
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 1, 2005
            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "fixup77" <fixup77@y...> wrote:

            > Hi Art,
            >
            > Thank you!
            >
            > I followed your instructions, but X,Y,Z and spindle are still all
            > wrong. It is still like this:
            >
            > X and Z move together when I jog X;
            > Spindle turn on or off when I jog Y;
            > Y moves when I jog Z.

            Good God man that's feature <g>

            If you wanted the program to do that it would take Brian Barker 3 days
            and at least 4 tries to get it to do this.
            First three tries would be crap. <g.

            John S.
          • barker806
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 1, 2005
              And he takes one to the chin!!!

              I think it sounds like a bit of a problem, did you check the cable
              from the computer to the breakout board? What do you have for
              hardware? I have seen stuff like this but it was from bad pot pins
              settings..

              Thanks John :)

              Brian Baker (I am going to have to change my name!! :)

              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "fixup77" <fixup77@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Art,
              > >
              > > Thank you!
              > >
              > > I followed your instructions, but X,Y,Z and spindle are still all
              > > wrong. It is still like this:
              > >
              > > X and Z move together when I jog X;
              > > Spindle turn on or off when I jog Y;
              > > Y moves when I jog Z.
              > >

              > Good God man that's feature <g>
              >
              > If you wanted the program to do that it would take Brian Barker 3 days
              > and at least 4 tries to get it to do this.
              > First three tries would be crap. <g.
              >
              > John S.
            • art
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 1, 2005
                Hello Xin:

                Are you sure this is a wave drive system? It shoudl be near impossible to
                drive both the X and Z at once in a wave drive with bad pinout, this almost
                sounds liek a MaxNC system with step/direction outputs? When the X and Z
                drive, do they drive properly back and forth?This sounds like a modified
                MaxNC, is this a totaly standard motor setup?

                From: "fixup77" <fixup77@...>
              • fixup77
                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 1, 2005
                  Hi Art and others,

                  Yeah it's mad. I'm sure nothing wrong on the cable and computer,
                  because the same setup works just fine under DOS. Also, MACH2 can
                  turn the spindle on/off correctly.

                  This is a standard MAXNC 10 (open loop) unit I bought directly from
                  MAXNC only 2 months ago. I don't know whether it's wave or whatever;
                  I learnt that from your old posts when searching the archive.

                  Yes, X and Z moves back and forth perfectly when I jog X.

                  Sounds like the newer MAXNC 10 is different.

                  Xin
                • fixup77
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                    > Sounds like the newer MAXNC 10 is different.

                    Or, more likely, the axis output assignment in MACH3 software is
                    incorrect. The motor drives are actually perfect, because all the
                    axes move very well, back and forth, just X and Z are tighten
                    together to X jogging commands and Y is moved by Z jogging commands.
                    I never did CNC programming, but I did lots of motion and robot
                    control programming. Xin
                  • Gary Zett 2
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                      fixup77 wrote:

                      > > Sounds like the newer MAXNC 10 is different.
                      >
                      > Or, more likely, the axis output assignment in MACH3 software is
                      > incorrect. The motor drives are actually perfect, because all the
                      > axes move very well, back and forth, just X and Z are tighten
                      > together to X jogging commands and Y is moved by Z jogging commands.
                      > I never did CNC programming, but I did lots of motion and robot
                      > control programming. Xin

                      Hi

                      I have been using my MAXNC 10 OL since they came out using DOS. I have
                      tried several programs but could not get them to work. Since then I
                      have seen the light. Art has a wonderful program and I don't have to
                      jump out to boot up DOS any more. I am running Windows 2000 and MACH3
                      and it works great. I opened the box and figured out which pins were
                      needed to move my motors. Here is how I have my machine setup. Under
                      Config/Pins and Ports/Port Setup and Axis Selection (PORT 1, 25000Hz
                      Kernel Speed, and the MAX NC-10 WAVE DRIVE checked). Config/Pins and
                      Ports/Motor Outputs (X Enabled, Step Pin 3, Dir Pin 2, Dir LowActive X,
                      Stop LowActive Checked, Step Port 1, Dir Port 1) (Y Enabled, Step Pin 7,
                      Dir Pin 6, the rest same as X) (Z Enabled, Step Pin 16, Dir Pin 17, the
                      rest same as X and Y). Config/Motor Tuning the same for XYZ (Accel
                      15.562, Velocity 0.1281, Steps per Unit 8000, Minimum Pluse Width 1
                      uSec, Direction PreChange 0 uSec). I hope this can do you some good :-)
                      . Keep on making shavings.
                    • brian bates
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                        Art can you check to see if G55 is working in Mach 3 ...I put an offset in there but it offsets G54...........but works in Mach 2.........I also tried G56 same thing

                      • art
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                          Gary:

                          Thanks for the numbers, I appreciate it. Could you do me a favour and send
                          me your Mach2Mill.xml just so I can have it for backup.
                          Also, are you using the latest Mach3?

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                            Art ..here is the Program I am trying to run....in Mach 2 I can get the 2nd part of the program centered in the plate (skull)...at X3.0 Y-1.9 in the fixture offset for G55...in Mach 3 when I instate G55 the whole plate offsets and not the 2nd half of the program..my G54 is set at X0 Y0...I have saved the table .....I know you are a busy man and sorry for bugging you so much but I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I am doing wrong....is there a setting that I have wrong possibly...Thanks

                            G54 G90 G40 G49 G80
                            G0 X0 Y-2.0
                            G43 T1 H1
                            G00 Z1.0
                            G41 D1 G03 X0 I-.5 F50.
                            G1 Z-.125 F15.
                            G1 Y1.25
                            G2 X.25 Y1.5 R.25
                            G1 Y2.475 X6.0
                            G2 Y2.475 X7.3 R.625
                            G1 Y1.8 X8.9
                            G2 Y-1.8 X8.9 R2.0
                            G1 Y-2.475 X7.3
                            G2 X6.0 R.625
                            G1 X.25 Y-1.500
                            G2 X0.0 Y-1.25 R.25
                            G1 Z-.125
                            Y1.75
                            G0 Z.1
                            G40
                            G55
                            G43 T2 H2
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X0.4586 Y0.4517
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6047 Y0.3478 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7014 Y0.3194 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8403 Y0.2963 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.1204 Y0.3449 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3657 Y0.3449 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.5046 Y0.3171 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1114 Y0.0489 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3961 Y0.0003 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6386 Y0.0072 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9094 Y0.0697 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3241 Y0.2801 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.5764 Y0.4444 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0000 Y0.6458 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.3333 Y0.7292 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7153 Y0.7639 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.0023 Y0.7685 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.0463 Y0.7940 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.0391 Y0.8122 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.9858 Y0.8400 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7546 Y0.9005 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.3565 Y0.9144 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1111 Y0.8681 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.4511 Y0.6947 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.2092 Y0.7023 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1545 Y0.7303 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1412 Y0.7546 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1505 Y0.8148 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.2083 Y0.8819 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.2989 Y0.9580 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.4170 Y1.0067 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.9100 Y1.0969 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2546 Y1.1273 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.5000 Y1.1736 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7847 Y1.2639 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.8611 Y1.3125 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.0833 Y1.5069 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1586 Y1.5972 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1528 Y1.6551 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1042 Y1.6389 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.9028 Y1.5486 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.5692 Y1.4656 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.4537 Y1.4606 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.3148 Y1.4884 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2662 Y1.5231 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2616 Y1.5926 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2870 Y1.6505 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.3287 Y1.6921 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.5836 Y1.8122 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.9378 Y1.8747 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1803 Y1.8678 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.4511 Y1.8053 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.6664 Y1.6872 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.8079 Y1.5602 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.8218 Y1.6111 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.8053 Y1.7150 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.7685 Y1.8032 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.6157 Y1.9838 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.4306 Y2.0903 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1991 Y2.1505 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.5903 Y2.2083 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2708 Y2.3056 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1947 Y2.3545 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1389 Y2.4236 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1366 Y2.4954 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1739 Y2.5830 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2292 Y2.6528 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2989 Y2.7080 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.4722 Y2.7847 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7037 Y2.8449 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1875 Y2.8611 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.6458 Y2.8194 Z0.1000
                            G01 X6.0602 Y2.7512 Z0.1000
                            G01 X6.0408 Y2.7850 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.9097 Y2.9028 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.6455 Y3.0553 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1157 Y3.2338 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.6594 Y3.3192 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.3796 Y3.3079 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0764 Y3.2778 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.6481 Y3.2060 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.2708 Y3.1667 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9256 Y3.1959 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9074 Y3.2153 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9120 Y3.2755 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9589 Y3.3536 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0787 Y3.4421 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3336 Y3.5622 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.7639 Y3.6227 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.7153 Y3.6389 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.6039 Y3.6525 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3241 Y3.6412 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1392 Y3.6178 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6597 Y3.4722 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3056 Y3.2847 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1594 Y3.1808 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9858 Y3.1050 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9172 Y3.1053 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8626 Y3.1328 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8417 Y3.1808 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8547 Y3.2361 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9282 Y3.3704 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0764 Y3.4722 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2781 Y3.5622 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6250 Y3.6505 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5741 Y3.6644 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4259 Y3.6644 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8545 Y3.5414 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7358 Y3.4933 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6045 Y3.4580 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.4442 Y3.3683 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.1736 Y3.1806 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9933 Y2.9858 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5556 Y2.2569 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.3611 Y1.9977 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.3704 Y1.9329 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4170 Y1.8545 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4919 Y1.7633 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4988 Y1.7014 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4144 Y1.4954 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4120 Y1.4190 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4282 Y1.3519 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4583 Y1.2986 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4630 Y1.2245 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.3756 Y0.6181 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4005 Y0.5185 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4586 Y0.4517 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X0.5284 Y0.5353
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6042 Y0.4861 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7731 Y0.4097 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.2295 Y0.4858 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6389 Y0.4792 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0052 Y0.4300 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0318 Y0.4034 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0208 Y0.3935 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6528 Y0.3727 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6875 Y0.3472 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8681 Y0.2778 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1250 Y0.1597 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3565 Y0.0995 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5185 Y0.0995 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8009 Y0.1505 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0694 Y0.2569 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3681 Y0.4167 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.6736 Y0.6111 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.9028 Y0.7014 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.6247 Y0.6183 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3400 Y0.5697 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1811 Y0.5770 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0926 Y0.6134 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0284 Y0.6742 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0012 Y0.7297 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0009 Y0.7983 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0347 Y0.8889 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0839 Y0.9647 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1597 Y1.0139 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.4170 Y1.1317 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.7014 Y1.1806 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2685 Y1.2384 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.6455 Y1.3197 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7662 Y1.3843 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7269 Y1.3866 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.4398 Y1.3495 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2292 Y1.3889 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1536 Y1.4384 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1262 Y1.4936 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1259 Y1.5622 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1620 Y1.6505 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2642 Y1.7567 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.4094 Y1.8602 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.5556 Y1.9097 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7870 Y1.9699 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.0926 Y1.9745 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.3218 Y1.9537 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.5532 Y1.8970 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.4884 Y1.9537 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.1455 Y2.0692 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.3750 Y2.1319 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2433 Y2.1670 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0836 Y2.2572 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0255 Y2.3241 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0006 Y2.4236 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0009 Y2.4928 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0347 Y2.5833 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.0833 Y2.6597 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.1852 Y2.7662 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2847 Y2.8333 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.4864 Y2.9233 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7711 Y2.9719 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.3192 Y2.9650 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.6293 Y2.9314 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.5894 Y2.9580 Z0.1000
                            G01 X5.0000 Y3.1181 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.7454 Y3.1551 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.5486 Y3.1667 Z0.1000
                            G01 X4.2292 Y3.1528 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.6620 Y3.0949 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3241 Y3.0162 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0116 Y3.0046 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8614 Y3.0628 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7720 Y3.1400 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7581 Y3.2083 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7714 Y3.2772 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8426 Y3.4236 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7870 Y3.4144 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4861 Y3.2569 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3400 Y3.1531 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1114 Y3.0483 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8819 Y2.9907 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8148 Y3.0023 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7593 Y3.0301 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7199 Y3.0741 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7060 Y3.1389 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7228 Y3.2425 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8174 Y3.4222 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7894 Y3.4259 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6759 Y3.3866 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.5648 Y3.3310 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.1736 Y3.0556 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0347 Y2.9028 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8819 Y2.6389 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8067 Y2.4659 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7986 Y2.3472 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7497 Y2.2711 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6594 Y2.1947 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5561 Y2.1314 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5069 Y2.0556 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4884 Y2.0000 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5069 Y1.9444 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6366 Y1.6667 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6157 Y1.6181 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5628 Y1.5686 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5159 Y1.4523 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5208 Y1.4259 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5787 Y1.4051 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9230 Y1.3744 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0440 Y1.2870 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.2439 Y1.0286 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3056 Y1.0081 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3678 Y1.0148 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.5602 Y1.1134 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8681 Y1.3472 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0116 Y1.4120 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1736 Y1.4167 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4097 Y1.4028 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5370 Y1.3634 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7708 Y1.3061 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8773 Y1.3241 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9213 Y1.3634 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9421 Y1.4167 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9213 Y1.4699 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8542 Y1.5694 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8200 Y1.6603 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8125 Y1.7778 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8270 Y1.8883 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9170 Y2.0483 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1481 Y2.2755 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3565 Y2.3773 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3495 Y2.3472 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.3102 Y2.3079 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.2153 Y2.2361 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9933 Y1.9997 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9175 Y1.8261 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9172 Y1.7569 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9520 Y1.6256 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0616 Y1.4858 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0752 Y1.4306 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0616 Y1.3753 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9699 Y1.2593 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9537 Y1.1921 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9352 Y1.0440 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.8796 Y0.9329 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7593 Y0.8032 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6803 Y0.7572 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4442 Y0.6600 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1597 Y0.6111 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7431 Y0.5972 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.4931 Y0.6806 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3403 Y0.7778 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9167 Y0.9792 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6852 Y1.0394 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6088 Y1.0370 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5556 Y1.0069 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5370 Y0.9421 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5394 Y0.7824 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5749 Y0.6548 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5602 Y0.6505 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5009 Y0.6716 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4806 Y0.6380 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.4939 Y0.5836 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5284 Y0.5353 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X0.5923 Y1.1959
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6525 Y1.1889 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7066 Y1.2164 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7199 Y1.2407 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7196 Y1.2700 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7037 Y1.2940 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6730 Y1.3032 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6250 Y1.2986 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5764 Y1.2130 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.5923 Y1.1959 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X0.7824 Y1.1829
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8171 Y1.1435 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8819 Y1.1296 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9421 Y1.1481 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9560 Y1.2037 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9213 Y1.2477 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8333 Y1.2708 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7824 Y1.1829 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.0162 Y1.1296
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0741 Y1.0810 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0903 Y1.0417 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0486 Y1.0556 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0069 Y1.0880 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0162 Y1.1296 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.0208 Y1.4074
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0833 Y1.4236 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.1088 Y1.4722 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.1050 Y1.5558 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.1250 Y1.6505 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.1019 Y1.7060 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0602 Y1.7431 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0000 Y1.7431 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7801 Y1.5208 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7824 Y1.4931 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8003 Y1.4740 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8605 Y1.4670 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9089 Y1.5009 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9769 Y1.5810 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9329 Y1.4722 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9583 Y1.4236 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0208 Y1.4074 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.2755 Y1.6019
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3264 Y1.5787 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3819 Y1.5972 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.5836 Y1.6872 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7986 Y1.7222 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0625 Y1.7500 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3678 Y1.8197 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4375 Y1.8750 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5758 Y2.0284 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6875 Y2.2917 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7338 Y2.3287 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9259 Y2.3866 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.1042 Y2.4167 Z0.1000
                            G01 X3.0625 Y2.4444 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.9716 Y2.4786 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7428 Y2.4997 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4676 Y2.4977 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1597 Y2.4028 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9722 Y2.2986 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6157 Y2.0301 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3747 Y1.8967 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.2714 Y1.8738 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.2436 Y1.8322 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.2300 Y1.7636 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.2454 Y1.6551 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.2755 Y1.6019 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X0.9931 Y1.8194
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0509 Y1.9144 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9656 Y2.1114 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9653 Y2.2917 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0072 Y2.4580 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0694 Y2.5949 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.0556 Y2.6319 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8542 Y2.3889 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7017 Y2.1247 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6736 Y2.0278 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6603 Y1.9167 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.6782 Y1.8102 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7176 Y1.7662 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.7731 Y1.7384 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.8380 Y1.7292 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9233 Y1.7642 Z0.1000
                            G01 X0.9931 Y1.8194 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.3773 Y0.9120
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.4537 Y0.9051 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.4690 Y0.8822 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.4653 Y0.8611 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.4120 Y0.8634 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3681 Y0.8889 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.3773 Y0.9120 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.5845 Y0.9653
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.5920 Y0.9045 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6111 Y0.8866 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6736 Y0.8889 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7292 Y0.9120 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7292 Y0.9722 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7060 Y1.0324 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6528 Y1.0532 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6134 Y1.0463 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.5845 Y0.9653 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.6921 Y0.8009
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7546 Y0.7986 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7870 Y0.7616 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7827 Y0.7370 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.7422 Y0.7098 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6481 Y0.7245 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6088 Y0.7500 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.6921 Y0.8009 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.9045 Y0.7708
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9317 Y0.7170 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9864 Y0.7028 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0648 Y0.7431 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0602 Y0.8032 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0324 Y0.8542 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9838 Y0.8704 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9181 Y0.8255 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9045 Y0.7708 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X1.8727 Y0.9583
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8426 Y1.0023 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8273 Y1.1108 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8411 Y1.1797 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8889 Y1.2431 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9578 Y1.2141 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9855 Y1.1591 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0023 Y1.0556 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.9838 Y0.9954 Z0.1000
                            G01 X1.8727 Y0.9583 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X2.1111 Y1.0347
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0839 Y1.1319 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.0842 Y1.2011 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1134 Y1.2824 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1461 Y1.2896 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1939 Y1.2697 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2286 Y1.2216 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2569 Y1.1250 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2616 Y1.0602 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2245 Y1.0185 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1620 Y1.0069 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1111 Y1.0347 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X2.1921 Y0.9259
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2755 Y0.9213 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3079 Y0.8750 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3079 Y0.8194 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2801 Y0.7685 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.2292 Y0.7454 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1782 Y0.7685 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1505 Y0.8241 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1551 Y0.8935 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.1921 Y0.9259 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X2.3634 Y1.0787
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3449 Y1.1389 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3565 Y1.2060 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3866 Y1.2593 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4282 Y1.2870 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4676 Y1.2847 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5023 Y1.2454 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5269 Y1.1461 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5188 Y1.0848 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4977 Y1.0648 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4259 Y1.0579 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.3634 Y1.0787 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X2.4213 Y0.9468
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4184 Y0.8553 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4329 Y0.8287 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4884 Y0.8148 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5301 Y0.8519 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5394 Y0.9120 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.5258 Y0.9361 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4659 Y0.9560 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.4213 Y0.9468 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X2.6343 Y0.9606
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6806 Y0.9653 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6898 Y0.9329 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6528 Y0.9190 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6343 Y0.9606 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000
                            G00 X2.6597 Y1.0648
                            G01 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6481 Y1.0845 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6606 Y1.1386 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7083 Y1.2014 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7569 Y1.1898 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7894 Y1.1481 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7778 Y1.0903 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.7245 Y1.0602 Z0.1000
                            G01 X2.6597 Y1.0648 Z0.1000
                            G00 Z0.1000

                            G49 G28 G91 Z0
                            M30

                          • art
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                              Hi Brian:

                              I think the job is cutting properly, but displaying improperly. I hav eit
                              onlist for repair, hopefully this week..I checked its operationand itr seems
                              to cut in the write place though..

[...]

                              Yahoo! Groups Links
                            • brian bates
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                                ok ........Thanks Art

                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 2, 2005
                                  I second what Art said. I ran the code with metacut simulator and it
                                  looks good. Cool drawing.

                                  Roger

                                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, brian bates

                                  Service.

                                • fixup77
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 3, 2005
                                    Thank you, Gary!

                                    I did think of opening the control box and finding out the pins. But
                                    I got an impression that MACH3 does not allow me to change the pins
                                    once I check "MaxNC Wave drive", so I gave up that idea.

                                    Anyway, I tried your pin settings, still the problems. I tried MACH3
                                    7.24 and 7.07.

                                    Xin
                                  • Gary Zett 2
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 3, 2005
                                      fixup77 wrote:

                                      > Thank you, Gary!
                                      >
                                      > I did think of opening the control box and finding out the pins. But
                                      > I got an impression that MACH3 does not allow me to change the pins
                                      > once I check "MaxNC Wave drive", so I gave up that idea.
                                      >
                                      > Anyway, I tried your pin settings, still the problems. I tried MACH3
                                      > 7.24 and 7.07.
                                      >
                                      > Xin

                                      Hi Xin,

                                      Sorry to here your still having problems. I was running MACH3 Ver.
                                      7.22 but just installed Ver. 7.24 and it seems to work. I can jog each
                                      axis seperately. I will think on your problem some more. It took me a
                                      will to get things to work that is why I opened the control box. Right
                                      now I have a piece on my machine and I need to finish it before I make
                                      any changes to simulate your problem.

                                      Gary
                                    • Vic Fraenckel
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jan 3, 2005
                                        Come on guys! Have a heart!

                                        Some of us receive mach1mach2cnc in digest form. How many times do you need
                                        to pass the code with your response. There must be at least 100 lines of
                                        code in each response to "problem with G55". Most mail programs have a
                                        delete function and perhaps you could learn to use it to trim the excess
                                        stuff before you post. I would NOT be surprised if one of the etiquette
                                        rules for this forum is to trim previous posts to the essentials before
                                        responding. The original post, in this case contained the code and the
                                        interested parties all have a copy of it. So to pass it back and forth ad
                                        infinitum is not necessary.

                                        Just my 2 cents.

                                        Vic

                                        Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
                                        victorf ATSIGN windreader DOTcom
                                        KC2GUI

                                        Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
                                        Read the WIND

                                        "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough
                                        men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
                                        -George Orwell
                                      • art
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jan 3, 2005
                                          Hi:

                                          Just to second Vic's point, could everyone try deleting the bottom part of
                                          the replies when sending to the group, it makes it much easier for those
                                          that get it in digest form...It is considered good manners to celan stuff up
                                          that way..

                                        • art
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jan 13, 2005
                                            Hi Brian:

                                            Just so you know, I am cleaning up the Toolpath display a bit in Mill
                                            today, so I fixed this problem as well. Your skull program now displays
                                            properly as G54-G59 is now taken into account ptoperly in the creation of
                                            the drawing....