Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Scaling and G53 etc

  • Art
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      John:

      >>"Sir, sir do I get the credit by saying": that the controlled point
      is mapped by the active coordinate systems onto the machine
      coordinates by a series of additions. As addition is commutative --
      (a + b) always equivalent to (b + a) -- the order of application of
      G92, G54s should never matter. If it does then something is wrong
      and should not IMO be "fixed" by user rules.

      Move to the head of the class. Quite correct.. You get a silver star...

    • ballendo
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
        Snips, inserts follow...

        "japrenticeuk" <john@c...> wrote:
        >If scaling is applied to the X Y Z etc words before anything is done
        >with them then I think it is true to say this issue does not arise
        >(or perhaps I mean the "centrepoint" is 0,0,0 in the current cosys).

        A thought on center point of scaling...

        G51 (scaling) "normally" allows the use of the axis words XYZ to
        optionally set a center of scaling. If the G51 is followed by any or
        all of XYZ with a value, then the supplied values are sued to creaste
        a center of scaling

        When scaling is in effect, all subsequent XYZIJK& R values are first
        scaled and then offset relative to the defined scaling center.

        I have written code in the past for a control to accomodate scaling
        with the optionally set center. It's trivial.

        > Yeeees, but some implementation strategies will minimise the number
        > of rules needed <snip>

        VERY good point.

        Ballendo
      • Art
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
          Hmm, I have no center point as yet, but will consider it in the next
          development version..

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
            Art,

            Good to know it's "headed" for "the list"<G>

            As I said, it's trivial, and useful...

            Thank you in advance,

            Ballendo