RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Problems with cutting a series of holes

  • Nic van der Walt
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 12:09 AM
      I had the same behaviour, and it turned out to be a real pita to find.

      I run CV mode with backlash compensation. At one stage I had backlash set
      about 0.05mm to big and I was running a 3D profile with errors in. The gcode
      would suddenly part way through a smooth contour have a bogus segment that
      requires
      the fast axis to stop, reverse 0.1mm, and the continue. The G340's would
      fault
      occasionally when this happened.

      At first I thought the G340's faulted due to following error, but 127 steps
      is about
      0.3mm on my mill, and if it was that then it should have happened more
      consistently.

      Turns out the err/res was caused by my estop circuit. The only time the
      G340's actually starts
      working hard is when Mach2 spits out the really rapid pulses to take up the
      backlash. That causes
      a lot of radiated noise that coupled back into a CMOS ic, faulting the
      drives randomly.

      Since I scrapped that estop circuit I have not had a single fault.

      n.