Mach2 turn

  • ballendo
    Message 1 of 91 , Aug 1, 2004
      Steve Blackmore <steve@p...> wrote:
      >As for display - Personally, I'm not overly fussed about a depiction
      >of a lathe - IMO there's precious little real estate to get in what
      >we need now. I always end up manually zoomed so paths fill display.
      >A depiction of a tool point would be good, as would be a faint grid,
      >also different coloured paths for different tools. Would also be
      >nice, but not necessary, if profile was shown solid colour and was
      >removed as tip cut.

      Yes.

      >BUT - Before all that taper and multistart threading REALLY needs
      >doing, as does canned face and taper/parallel turn cycles.

      YES!!! AND CSS (Constant Surface Speed--where the spindle speeds up
      for smaller diameters.) Think of it as the CVV of turning. It holds
      an equal importance for turning as CVV does for milling...

      BTW, multistart threeads can already be done. Tapers too, probably.

      At any rate, CSS IMO trumps these two. It's the most BASIC of
      the "higher" CNC lathe functions...

      Ballendo
    • art
      Message 91 of 91 , Mar 24, 2005
        Hi Randy:

        I'm embarrased to say no control was added for that. I will update the
        relase tommorrow with a fix for that. In the meantime, you can use the
        screen designer to copy the controls from Mill to turn. Just open the mill
        screens, selct those controls, click copy, then load the 1024.lset screens,
        and use paste to put them on..

        Thanks for the bug..