Mach4 +ESS outputs M7 doesn't work

  • danmauch
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2014

      I now have the ESS running my servo knee mill quite nicely. But I have a problem with the outputs. I have a flood coolant pump that I use with M7 command. I have Mach4 configure>output signals> output 0 enabled  and selected ESS as the device and coolant on. When I click on the green check mark and appl;y  the pump comes on. When I click it again and the red X mark for active low the pump shut off. So I know that I have the right configuration to run the pump so why doesn't M7 turn the pump on in MDI? It seems like the M7 is programmed to turnj on the coolant on output 0. Suggestions?

      Dan

    • danmauch
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2014

        I guess I should have asked the question of how to associate M7 with Output 0 ?

        Dan

      • art2
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2014

          Dan:

            If you check your scripts folder, I think youll find the M3,4,5,6,7 are all dummy scripts with no real function in them. I think you
          need to write an M7 script that turns on , or off, or flashes or checks or whatever's.. signal "Output 0"..

          www.gearotic.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2014
            Art,
            My machine requires 2 motors on X
            Will the driver and M4 allow me to try this at this time?
            If so how is the A (motor 3) set up in the table?
            Thanks Art for all you work hope to get this working soon.
            Regards
            Robert Blumer
            Billings MT
          • art2
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 16, 2014

              Robert:

                All "should" work fine. In Darwin you just turn on 4 motors ( or 3..whatever), hen yu map 2 motors to the X, one will work as a slave.

              I cant try this, as I dont have a slave on the X, but the code is set to accept it all..and home with slaves..

              www.gearotic.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 17, 2014

                I, for one, would be asking that threading be added to darwin.